Heka Nanai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree with you there. He is a lot quicker than El Masri.

He is no quicker than Millard or Tonga.

He didn't show much in 1st grade except taking 1 nice high ball and making one half break in broken field.

I didn't get too see more of him - for those who said they saw him play heaps in PL - he played in Flegg mostly.
He didn't really get the chance to show too much imo. He stands out great in JF obviously, he towers over a few of the guys down there. I think with time he will be a damn good player. Could even become a rep player

D

D0ggyStylz

He didn't really get the chance to show too much imo. He stands out great in JF obviously, he towers over a few of the guys down there. I think with time he will be a damn good player. Could even become a rep player
possibly. I didn't think he was ready last season (as some were saying he should be the no 1 winger). He'll be better for the experience. Hopefully he progress' well and rips in this year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nanai did great considering his FG debut came before his PL debut. If he is needed in 08 he will be better for the FG games he has played and if 08 isn't the season he makes it into FG fulltime he should do so in 09. Definitely someone i would like to see stay with the club.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
from wat i saw this year, he aint 1st grade material. way 2 early 2 put him in. he needs a year at least in PL next year

H

Hazmak

Based on the potential he has shown us, and the idea of new structure and a new Bulldogs outfit, where do you think this guy should be?

First Grade winger or more experience in PL first?

Or do you rekon he'll be another Inu, Hayne or Folau freak?
These guys were freaks on debut.

I can't even remember watching Nanai play, except for Hodges making him look like an absolute rookie.

Needs another year of PL, then throw him in.

D

D0ggyStylz

I can't even remember watching Nanai play, except for Hodges making him look like an absolute rookie.

but but but...dont you remember??? When heka received the ball in broken play...he ran a whole 10m. He is going to be a superstar!!! :whacky:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

you defo dont remember **** considering it was winitana who was amde to look useless.

D

D0ggyStylz

you defo dont remember **** considering it was winitana who was amde to look useless.
Do you remember heka making love to the sideline? Going nowhere near a ball that could have been played to him if he had made himself avaliable?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I cant remember him either. Ill reserve my judgement on Nanai till when i see more of him. Happy for Folkes to try out a few ppl next year.

H

Hazmak

There we go. Shows how much of an impact he made on me. :p

"Solid FG Debut", yes.

"Freak of Nature", not yet. And you don't become a "Freak", you're either a "Freak on Debut" or simply not a freak. That said, he can develop into a fine winger in the future.

H

Hazmak

But Geez...didn't Hodges absolutely carve Winitana up? I almost felt sorry for the bloke...

But Hodges does that to the best in the world too, so there wasn't much Winitana could do...baptism of fire I guess

W

Willie Talau'd

But Geez...didn't Hodges absolutely carve Winitana up? I almost felt sorry for the bloke...

But Hodges does that to the best in the world too, so there wasn't much Winitana could do...baptism of fire I guess
If you remember Hodges in his first few games with the exception of 1 game, was also carved up and made to look ridiculous.
Also look at Hodges SOO debut, absolute shocker.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heka is much faster than Millard and Tonga

Crisp must drive his team mates crazy with his contstant screaming - he will have no voicebox left if her keeps it up

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Heka is a freak at all. He is going ok but he is nowhere near the class of falau or inu and I don't think he will ever be. Winitana I rate. He was very good at 5/8 in PL. I think he is a better footballer than Nanai and would have him in my side any day.

About Crisp being very vocal on the field - have you ever been to a PL game? The communication on the field is non existent so if one of them has a yell then good on him. A good fullback should be directing play anyway and someone needs to tell dumb arse Holdsworth where to go. He is another one I would like to see develop into a great footballer, I think he has loads of potential.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a good quality player and we will see him again in first grade but not at Utai,s expense, Utai will have a good year after spending too much time on the sideline this year.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Utai for premier league, to be honest Im not sure why we resigned him. His days of rampaging over the top of the opposition are long gone...and yes I know his season was plagued with injury last year....but I think its time for heki to have a crack...see how he goes with a real chance to be a first grader.......you just cant drop hazem. He does lack some speed and the pizzaz of the inu's and haynes, but he is mr dependable...he will make the try saving tackle or make the intercept when needed.....and even though his kickin was wayward at times last year, he is still the only man I would have kickin for us to save the match!

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Might Matt but I want the team to play well.

sherwinisagun

bulldog member '07
Reaction score
Give him a proper go. That is the only way that we will find out how good he really is

Status
Not open for further replies.