Hazems reaction to Smiths record!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hazem El-Masri before Darryl Halligan retirement= 94 games, 194 points, 2.1ppg.

Hazem El-Masri after Darryl Halligan retirement= 223 games, 2224 points, 10.0ppg.

Cameron Smith for his career= 6.2ppg.

If Hazem was GK his entire career at the same rate as when he became kicker he would've had over 3000 points.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In reality Hazem is still the highest point scorer in regards to average points per game compared to CAM SMITH. Its comparable to DON BRADMAN Average of 99 in test cricket which everyone still talks about even though he is not the highest run scorer.

So the actual point scoring record is one that can be argued in regards to stats as for example CAM SMITH has played more games and has especially kicked goal in many more games then EL MASRI.

So inperspective considering elmasri has played many games where he was not the goal kicker- elmasri i believe is the BEST POINT SCORER EVER even though he is not the HIGHEST point scorer.

This must be considered as elmasri played games where he was not goal kicking then if he just played less games as he potentially was robbed of another 700 points easily.

Hope this makes sence

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hazem was also a try scoring winger in a successful period.. how many tries has Smith scored?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hazem was also a try scoring winger in a successful period.. how many tries has Smith scored?
Exactly this .

For me hazems try scoring ability and the total number of try’s he scored rates far more higher than his total career points.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows he'll always have a "*" next to his name for that record, because of all the points Melb accrued whilst cheating the cap.
And hazem did it on way less time , I still get goosebumps thinking about all the times he got us home with the sharp shooting , Andrew Johns said he knew as soon as he took that kick that they were gonna lose. Humble and under rated finisher with the ball, great try against the rosters in the grand final too

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if hazem was a kicker from the start of his career then he might not have scored as many points as he did

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully croker mows down this clown. It would be an even greater feat if he can do it in a shitty canberra side

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully croker mows down this clown. It would be an even greater feat if he can do it in a shitty canberra side
Big ask.

Croker is currently 612 points shy of Cronk, and scoring about 150-190 per season (190 2017, 159 2018 from 17 games as was injured). He's 28 now, and you'd have to assume will start to get more injuries.

I can't see him doing it given Smith still has this entire season and finals series to rack up points.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly this .

For me hazems try scoring ability and the total number of try’s he scored rates far more higher than his total career points.
I actually meant Smith's is more impressive to me. All goals, fuck all tries and Orford was goal kicking for Melbourne in Smith's first few seasons.

Love Hazem (ignoring his last 1-2 seasons) but Smith getting that many points just in goal kicking is pretty impressive for mine.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually meant Smith's is more impressive to me. All goals, fuck all tries and Orford was goal kicking for Melbourne in Smith's first few seasons.

Love Hazem (ignoring his last 1-2 seasons) but Smith getting that many points just in goal kicking is pretty impressive for mine.
Storm has always enjoyed the luxury of winning majority of their games every year since smith debuted and most of the games they always have scored big making smith kick more goals as a result. Not like dogs where hazem saw the period where we went through the spoon season and could hardly score any tries that year even then hazem collected 130 points scoring 7 trys
In his farewelll season he scored the 14 trys which was the 5th time in his career where he scored 14 try’s or more in a season.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big ask.

Croker is currently 612 points shy of Cronk, and scoring about 150-190 per season (190 2017, 159 2018 from 17 games as was injured). He's 28 now, and you'd have to assume will start to get more injuries.

I can't see him doing it given Smith still has this entire season and finals series to rack up points.
They said during the game that Smith has signed for another 2 more seasons

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haz is a legend and a great bloke all round. One of the best kickers I've ever witnessed. Haz may have been beat in the points record but Cam Smith has no integrity or is half the man Has is.

I remember meeting Haz one day while I was out with my mum and he was such a nice guy. He ended up sitting with me and my mum for about 30 minutes chatting with us about footy, his wife and family and life just in general. He even gave my mum a big hug when he had to leave. My mum loved Hazem, even more so after that day.
A great Guy, I was lucky enough to get an Invitation to the 2004 presentation night by a small sponsor of our team & their player was Hazem, so they called him over and introduced me, Well he showed me the GF wining ring, then he took it of and said I could try it on, I was so excited but I thanked him & and declined but to this day I can't get over how down to earth and normal he was, and that he do would something like that, Haz, your record as a wonderful human being will never be broken,

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just so happy he didn't beat the record last week against us. Almost better than a win.
It was better than a win. Can you imagine watching the footage of Smith break that record against us for the REST OF YOUR LIFE??