Hazem El Masri Vs Jarrod Crocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah ... unlikely.

Hazems career was 1996-2009 (13 years)
Croker starting playing in 2009, so 13 year career makes it 2022, or 6 years from now.
Croker is 25 now (26 in a fortnight or so), which means he would need to play until 32 years old.

Hazem finished on 2418 points.
Croker is on 1376.

Above him and still playing are:
1,959 Johnathan Thurston
1,957 Cameron Smith
1,453 James Maloney

Albeit all in their 30s and no far from end of career.

Croker is 1042 points behind Hazem. / 6 = 174 points a season to beat the record. / 26 rounds = 7 points PER game required for every game, for the rest of his career (if he retires around 32) without missing a game, in order to break the record.

HIGHLY unlikely, given that injury may creep in as he gets older, or Raiders might choke.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Croker can break the record all he likes but at the end of the day he misses pressure kicks to win games. Tigers vs Canberra in the finals he missed a sitter which would have won them the game
Yeah..... and how many years ago was that? 5 - 6 years ago when he was 20yo, I don't like the Guy very much and he is a centre so you really cannot compare but, as a footballer, I would take Croker anytime. ;-)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Records are made to be broken. He will most likely break the record set by El Masri, BUT, he will NEVER be the same player. As mentioned, Hazem started kicking fairly late in his career as a 26 year old.

Also, El Masri won us many games after the siren, most notably Knights 2002, something Crocker seems to be crap at.

Also, not taking anything away from him, but Crocker is going well because the Raiders are doing well. If they were to play shit, he'd be just that as well!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crocker is a shoe in for the record.. if haz started goal kicking earlier in his career Crocker would be no chance

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
He plays for the faders and their coach is Ricky Stuart - this is their one good year ;)

Watch BlowJob Leilua get fat(ter) and lazy next year and Rapana go back to being the garbage winger he is...and there goes Canberra's points ;)

On the plus side Croker will never get injured making a tackle because he's a fucking turnstile lol. But still listen for all the faders faithful bitch and moan when Croker again isn't picked for origin next year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The debate continues on Facebook lol, bunch of Raiders fans think I'm wrong but these are the raw numbers

* Elmasri scored 194 points before taking full time goal kicking duties from Halligan in 2001. During the 195 games from 2001-09 El Masri emassed 2,224 points (9 seasons)

* Croker scored 48 points (all tries) before taking full-time duties off Campese in 2010. During his 165 games from 2010 to date, Croker has emassed 1,320 points (last 3 rounds aren't calculated, so you could round him up to 1,400) (7 seasons)

I've been told I'm an idiot and its only total games that actually count for anything. They can't realise that Hazem has a better strike rate / average. Maybe its that cold canberra weather effecting there brains.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The debate continues on Facebook lol, bunch of Raiders fans think I'm wrong but these are the raw numbers

* Elmasri scored 194 points before taking full time goal kicking duties from Halligan in 2001. During the 195 games from 2001-09 El Masri emassed 2,224 points (9 seasons)

* Croker scored 48 points (all tries) before taking full-time duties off Campese in 2010. During his 165 games from 2010 to date, Croker has emassed 1,320 points (last 3 rounds aren't calculated, so you could round him up to 1,400) (7 seasons)

I've been told I'm an idiot and its only total games that actually count for anything. They can't realise that Hazem has a better strike rate / average. Maybe its that cold canberra weather effecting there brains.
Go easy on 'em Barnzy.
Obviously anyone blighted with the supporting Raiders bug could be regarded as challenged. Lol.
Especially when mathematics of superior performance are revealed.
Go for it!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we please fix the name in the title. It's driving me nuts (well, a little bit anyway).

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hazim better under pressure than Croker end the debate. Hazim has kicked in the grad final and state of origin and Croker never has.

Status
Not open for further replies.