Hazem El Masri Vs Jarrod Crocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sadly, El Masri's record of 2418 points seems to be underthreat by Jarrod Crocker. Both players are very alike, although El Masri didnt start kicking until his 6th Season. At this rate Jarrod Crocker could or might not beat El Masri's record. Thoughts?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Croker can break the record all he likes but at the end of the day he misses pressure kicks to win games. Tigers vs Canberra in the finals he missed a sitter which would have won them the game

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Croker can break the record all he likes but at the end of the day he misses pressure kicks to win games. Tigers vs Canberra in the finals he missed a sitter which would have won them the game
Agree. His facial expression before he kicked the goal was nothing compared to El Masri against the knights in 2002. I can't seem to find that many highlights of El Masri on the web, which is very dissapointing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly, El Masri's record of 2418 points seems to be underthreat by Jarrod Crocker. Both players are very alike, although El Masri didnt start kicking until his 6th Season. At this rate Jarrod Crocker could or might not beat El Masri's record. Thoughts?
I don't mind too much Croker doesn't seem that bad of a bloke. Hazem also had a couple of years floating in and out of reserve grade in 98/99.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im very skeptical. He may be scoring plenty of points, but the Raiders are having there best season in how long ? and he's only on 250 points or there abouts. Teams don't rack up points like they use to, Parra 01, us in 04 etc... so i don't see this continuing until he retires. One decent injury or a big dip in Canberra's form over the next few seasons would make it quite hard for him. Either way, ill judge who's better based on the time / games it took to amass those points.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most points scored in a season by a individual

342 points Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) NRL 2004
308 points Brett Hodgson (Wests Tigers) NRL 2005
296 points Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) NRL 2006
294 points Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) NRL 2003
284 points Ivan Cleary (Sydney City) NRL 1998

Most goals kicked in a season by a individual

139 goals Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) NRL 2004
129 goals Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) NRL 2003
124 goals Brett Hodgson (Wests Tigers) NRL 2005
123 goals Michael Cronin (Parramatta) NSWRFL 1982
117 goals Michael Cronin (Parramatta) NSWRFL 1978

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
El Masri's briliant goal kicking tends to overshadow his try scoring feats. The guy is tied with Matty Sing as the 6th top try scorer of all time. I doubt El Masri record will be broken by Croker or anyone in the next decade. The likely candidate that would come close to breaking Hazems record would have to be a prolific try scoring goal kicking winger/fullback who played for a club which went through a long period of success. I dont see any player who fits that description right now.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crocker is 26 in september lets say he retires at 32. Thats 6 seasons. Minimum of 200 a season will see him at 2500, thus beating El Masri's record.

however if you work on points a game he scores 7.43 per game. Lets say he plays 317 (same as el masri). He falls short at 2354.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really? I thought it has been 26 rounds inc 2 byes for a while.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Posted this on facebook
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/terry-campese/summary
Campese only effected Croker for his debut season and 2010.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/hazem-el-masri/summary.html
Hazem didn't have the duties in 96, 97, 98, 00 and he only kicked 9/12 in 99. Also the 05 and 08 Dogs outfits didnt help his cause.
Take nothing away from Croker he's a great player, but i believe Hazem was and always will be a class above.

All the Raiders fans will argue it, but for Croker to be rated 'superior' he will need to score 1,018 points during the reminder of this season and the next two to even be considered better than Hazem.
Lets face it we all love the great one. But do we honestly think he was a greater player (maybe influential is a better word) than Andrew Johns (drugs aside) the general population would lean towards Joey and based on the stats listed above it would be incredibly hard to rank Croker anywhere near Hazem imo.
Die hard Parra fans would probably argue the same to me about Mick Cronin.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Crocker is 26 in september lets say he retires at 32. Thats 6 seasons. Minimum of 200 a season will see him at 2500, thus beating El Masri's record.

however if you work on points a game he scores 7.43 per game. Lets say he plays 317 (same as el masri). He falls short at 2354.
One serious injury and he will be rooted. Hazem missed a few games in 05 and 08 from memory.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont ever think his record of 342 points (i think) in a season will be broken.
Never will be broken, teams don't score enough points these days, top teams struggling to hit 600 and early 2000's high 700-850 weren't out of the question, with us getting around 870 in 04.

Status
Not open for further replies.