Hayne: Bulldogs are the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne says the return of halfback Brett Kimmorley makes the Bulldogs the team to beat in this year's NRL premiership.

Kimmorley returned to training on the weekend after a fractured cheek bone and his comeback in Friday night's preliminary final has the Eels, who have won nine of their last ten matches, on edge.

"Obviously they're the team to beat, they finished second they probably should have finished first," Hayne said on Monday.

"They're a class to themselves and they're getting Brett Kimmorley back and that will make it hard for us.

"We know what we've got to do and as long as we play out of our skins that's all we can hope for."

Eels pivot Daniel Mortimer said that he was hopeful but remained in doubt for the match with the hip pointer injury he suffered in last Friday night's semi-final win over Gold Coast.

"It's not too bad but it's a long and slow and recovery," Mortimer said.

"The physio is pretty happy so far, I'll be doing everything that I can to get right.

"The (doctor) said I'm a 75 per cent chance so he's given me a bit of confidence.

"But it's still pretty sore and I probably won't run until Wednesday or Thursday and we'll see how it goes then."

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
of course we are the team to beat, we are playing them

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As mentioned in another news article, they can more than adequately cover Mortimer with Fateo

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
stop trying to take the pressure off yourselves, everyone thinks parra will win and is expecting them to win.

Also Mortimer wont run until Wed or Thurs, we gotta smash the little bugger right on the hips (legally) and put him to the test.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hayne playing it smart

trying to get the dogs to feel as comfortable as they can. dont buy into it boys.. smash hayne! he's not invincible

CANNOT wait for this game. i'm confident we can smash parra.

dogEstyle

Waterboy
Reaction score
sure we finished 2nd but the dragons finished 1st and they are gone. if we think finishing 2nd means we will win then we are kidding ourselves. its all about momentum this time of year, tigers won in 05 purely on form going into the semi's and lets face it, the eels are the form team right now. we have our hands full big time!

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
or maybe he is just being honest, and the first person out of the teams we have played to actually acknowledge that we finished where we did for a reason

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we're the underdogs

no we're the underdogs!

no we are!

no we areee!!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
complementing the opposition...talk about strategy! Nice try Hayne, but you failed.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
not much between the teams. I still think we have the better team. The first 28 rounds mean jack now. Turn up to play dogs and it will go along way to winning it!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whatever bro

*fires gun in the air and watch him run like a b!tch*

Status
Not open for further replies.