Hayne agrees to stay an Eel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good to see he is staying in rugby league! hopefully he doesnt pull a sonny, but id say he has to much sense for that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good. The more superstars that stay at the club that made them superstars the better.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Salary Cap pressure at the Eels!

Salary cap pressure at the Eels.

Daniel Mortimer is on his way to Canterbury in 2011! Osborne did not wish to take any chance of losing both Hayne and Mortimer so he decided it was best hold onto one.

Mortimer is no longer on Osborne's "must have" list.

Also, the Hayne announcement, is taking a lot media attention off the Bulldogs. You could be excused to believe that this announcement, albeit selfish, is not what Hindmarsh wanted. Hindmarsh suggested today that the media is placing all of their attention to the Eels and none to the Bulldogs. Interesting!

Tell me, who else in the current Eels playing roster is happy to see their fullback earning $500K a year? I can assure you there will be a fair bit disgruntled Eels who will not have their minds on the job come Friday as they will comparing pay packets.

If you ask me, this kind of attention is not what the Eels should be addressing before playing the finals.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome if he comes back to where he belongs

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Acutally where is the source where did you pull this from.?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Salary cap pressure at the Eels.

Daniel Mortimer is on his way to Canterbury in 2011! Osborne did not wish to take any chance of losing both Hayne and Mortimer so he decided it was best hold onto one.

Mortimer is no longer on Osborne's "must have" list.

Also, the Hayne announcement, is taking a lot media attention off the Bulldogs. You could be excused to believe that this announcement, albeit selfish, is not what Hindmarsh wanted. Hindmarsh suggested today that the media is placing all of their attention to the Eels and none to the Bulldogs. Interesting!

Tell me, who else in the current Eels playing roster is happy to see their fullback earning $500K a year? I can assure you there will be a fair bit disgruntled Eels who will not have their minds on the job come Friday as they will comparing pay packets.

If you ask me, this kind of attention is not what the Eels should be addressing before playing the finals.
where are you getting this from?

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Eels have reportedly signed Hayne for 2mil over 4 years
foxsports.au

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They'll still have a serious crack when Mortimer's contract runs out. Remember that Hindy and Cayless are nearing retirement.

C

chipandchase

i can guarantee from my sources, and please check back at my previuos posts, i have never been wrong when i have said a player is coming to the club, that even before this signing of Hayne, Mortimer is 99% coming to the dogs at this point of time.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
i can guarantee from my sources, and please check back at my previuos posts, i have never been wrong when i have said a player is coming to the club, that even before this signing of Hayne, Mortimer is 99% coming to the dogs at this point of time.
Totally agree!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good on hayne for staying loyal to parra, but $500k thats a fair chunk of their salary cap

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
considering they have signed a few good players also in shackleton and poore, they must be really close to their cap. Might be hard for them to resign Morts :grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who made up that gay nickname "Morts"?

Sounds like something out of Seinfeld. The Morps. OH NO! It's the Moops.

Status
Not open for further replies.