Hawaiian

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just had a thought so logged on.
What do you think of the idea to go to hawaii and expand into Hawaii?
They are next to the Pacific islands and despite being under the American rule are the exact same people as Samoans who play and are good at league.
I think they’ll take to it like a duck to water.
What’s more they are by far the largest pacific island in the world. Double population of Fiji and 15x bigger than Western Samoa.
Has anyone got any issues with this?

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
They are next to the Pacific islands and despite being under the American rule are the exact same people as Samoans who play and are good at league.
What’s more they are by far the largest pacific island in the world. Double population of Fiji and 15x bigger than Western Samoa.
You can't plough and seed a totally green field. However hard the NRL might push from here, there has to be a minimal amount of pulling from the other direction. I duck-duck-went an inquiry "Rugby League in Hawaii" (I'm boycotting Google), and found a web site for a Rugby League Association that was set up in 2009 and apparently not updated since, and a Facebook site with information on it about the 2022 NRL season - not the 2023 season! The latter sounds a bit more promising, but hardly indicates a local population blowing a fuse to play and watch rugby league.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The largest Pacific island in the world?

I think you need to go back to your sources.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't plough and seed a totally green field. However hard the NRL might push from here, there has to be a minimal amount of pulling from the other direction. I duck-duck-went an inquiry "Rugby League in Hawaii" (I'm boycotting Google), and found a web site for a Rugby League Association that was set up in 2009 and apparently not updated since, and a Facebook site with information on it about the 2022 NRL season - not the 2023 season! The latter sounds a bit more promising, but hardly indicates a local population blowing a fuse to play and watch rugby league.
League was non existent in Samoa 39 years ago and now it’s my belief it’s the number one sport there.
I think Hawaiians will enjoy it. They just don’t know about it.
Once they understand that Tongans and Samoans love it they’ll jump on it.
Union seems to be a presence.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Might also be worth noting Santa Rosa has a rugby league team.
The Santa Rosa dead pelicans!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Separating Hawaii from the USA (who are already piss weak in rugby league) is like separating the indigenous players from the Australian team - it’s simply not going to happen.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you been to Hawaii bro? It’s pretty far. A lot of Samoans and Tongans live there bro. Strong NFL presence. Never gunna happen. But don’t stop with your ideas, one day you might accidentally say something that makes sense

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you been to Hawaii bro? It’s pretty far. A lot of Samoans and Tongans live there bro. Strong NFL presence. Never gunna happen. But don’t stop with your ideas, one day you might accidentally say something that makes sense
Thsnks.
No I haven’t been to Hawaii or anywhere outside Oz but I want to go one day.
If samoas and Tongans are there already then there’s an opportunity. NFL isn’t for everyone. I don’t think it’s as tough as people say IF there is a will

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Separating Hawaii from the USA (who are already piss weak in rugby league) is like separating the indigenous players from the Australian team - it’s simply not going to happen.
Don’t think that’s valid.
Hawaiians don’t really see themselves as American. They r Hawaiians first and secretly in their heart they wish they were independent

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also another low hang fruit is American Samoa but maybe the market is really small