• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember Dinkumdog if the overall situation doesn't improve,
What now is a little snowball could become an avalanche !!!
Yes. If we F up recruitment for 2021 the avalanche will begin. That's what everyone on the fence is waiting for and we'll know before the start of next season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The junior ranks where left in a terrible state. They are getting better. But others are realising Timms from St George has contacted the st Christopher coach offering choice two clubs to take his squad. And said to the kids as a sweetener you be in reps for several years for St George. We need strong leadership to stop this as several those kids where I’d in our junior development squads. And will push us back again if it happens
And this is happening now you say?

Not under Dib and Hasler? But under Andersons and Pay?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some changes are inevitable at some point and I’m not opposed to the right moves at the right time - but band-aids won’t achieve anything and polls on fan forums are laughable in influencing anything.
I agree the band-aids aren't the solutions
But the minute the fans opinions becomes a laughable matter to their hierarchy, their doom is inevitable !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree the band-aids aren't the solutions
But the minute the fans opinions becomes a laughable matter to their hierarchy, their doom is inevitable !!!
Voting members yes.
Fans on a forum no.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% they came in promising go do this do that,but in reality we have gone backwards on and off the playing field,I have been sitting waiting and waiting for things to improve,but I doubt this is going to happen with this lot

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Voting members yes.
Fans on a forum no.
When things are bad supporters will vote with their feet and so will sponsors
The few hundred members can not and will not be able to save a failing coach, CEO, or a chairman
In saying this, I am still hopeful !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When things are bad supporters will vote with their feet and so will sponsors
The few hundred members can not and will not be able to save a failing coach, CEO, or a chairman
In saying this, I am still hopeful !
Some of those things have already happened. Don’t forget a major sponsor was won and then lost because of the actions of two former employees.

This poll specifically addressed confidence in ‘the board’ and only voting members can change the makeup of that board at an election absent resignations.

Only the board can change the CEO too.

So honestly mate - fans can make as much noise online as they like and it changes next to nothing. Just stating the facts.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of those things have already happened. Don’t forget a major sponsor was won and then lost because of the actions of two former employees.

This poll specifically addressed confidence in ‘the board’ and only voting members can change the makeup of that board at an election absent resignations.

Only the board can change the CEO too.

So honestly mate - fans can make as much noise online as they like and it changes next to nothing. Just stating the facts.
I acknowledge we could have had a sponsor and fully aware of who changes the CEO, don' forget during the previous boards reign we were amongst the top if not the top sponsored team in the league but it didn't save that board or the CEO.
Our on field success is the key and the solution !
Remember voting members are also fans !

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Had 0 faith to start with

have -100 now.

so yeh. Lost faith.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if a rival ticket gets formed they will win the next the election. not because they are a better ticket but because of the non activity by this board

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
if a rival ticket gets formed they will win the next the election. not because they are a better ticket but because of the non activity by this board
A lot can still change before next year. I don't think there is another election until 2022 anyways. If things stay the same or the board F up the recruitment and development of players they won't be here for long.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I acknowledge we could have had a sponsor and fully aware of who changes the CEO, don' forget during the previous boards reign we were amongst the top if not the top sponsored team in the league but it didn't save that board or the CEO.
Our on field success is the key and the solution !
Remember voting members are also fans !
We all know why the other guys were voted out.

Agreed on field success is the key and it’s a sequence - repair the cap, repair the squad, maybe change the coach at some point, results turn around, crowds return, memberships and merch sales rise and sponsors are easier to get and prepared to pay more. 2021 should be where major strides forward are taken in all these items and if not - well then it’s time for serious questions to be asked.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Will lose faith in the board if they can not attract any quality new players mainly a 1, 6 or 7 and a 9 minimum from next year onwards... we have a war chest...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Will lose faith in the board if they can not attract any quality new players mainly a 1, 6 or 7 and a 9 minimum from next year onwards... we have a war chest...
We already knew this but our coach has basically come out this week and said we have massive issues at fullback. To compound this just look at how many halves parings we've had/halves being dropped (we just have to go back to round 2 earlier in the year for the latest). We don't have to say anything about hooker, just look at it, basket case. No brainer the spine is where we need to recruit really. They're the most important players in the team that will make everyone else on the field look better.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot can still change before next year. I don't think there is another election until 2022 anyways. If things stay the same or the board F up the recruitment and development of players they won't be here for long.
if we miss the 8 in 2021, you can consider that the nail in the coffin.

dogs need 6 seasoned players to fill key positions (Luke Thompson is one but untested at NRL) or 3 elite players for 2021

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Faith?
Are you faithful?
Are you guys only there for the good times?
The fans, the punters, the experts all new that until 2021 the dogs are favourites for the spoon.
The team had a good run at the end of last year and just missed the eight. Then Foran gets injured and we lose CHN and Okunbur. We lose the first three, then all you little bitches want heads to roll.
Harden the f up.

I'm looking forward to the team beating the Dragons this weekend. And as a supporter it is going to feel great. I do not have faith that the team will win, but I will be backing them. And if they win, I will feel so much better than the clowns who get on here bagging out the coach, the team selections, the board. Honestly, you sound like Roosters supporters calling for big name signings.
I'm looking forward to better times next year. Support the team and stop slagging the players, coach and organisation off. Fu.. k faith, show some loyalty.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
if we miss the 8 in 2021, you can consider that the nail in the coffin.

dogs need 6 seasoned players to fill key positions (Luke Thompson is one but untested at NRL) or 3 elite players for 2021
That was the nail in the coffin for the Knights to make a change on their coach. If we recruit well for 2021 (basically in line with what you've said here) expectations will be higher on the coach and the team. Until I see who we recruit I can't say we're top eight but I'm hoping we're going to recruit a team that we think can make top eight (we can butcher it, panic signings, etc) but also where we're in the betting before the season starts. I think regardless how we go when a top coach is available Pay will not be re-signed or will be sacked. If the board get too many of these decisions wrong they won't be re-elected in 2022 (or whenever it is).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to recruit well. And that’s the problem, we have to make some very good signings to start making this club look attractive to play for.. I know the blue and white jerseys are the best looking of ALL, but we need good players wearing them.

Let’s go doggies (come on) !!!!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the beginning I was very disappointed with the previous board allowing Hitler Hasler the full control that led to our misery !
Then I become weary of the new board, the people whom previously deserted us for greener pastures, now they are back pretending to be the messiah.
In all honesty...I never had faith in them
But for the sake of the club and supporters I have always had hoped they would succeed and I still do !!!
Unfortunately it looks like its a tall order !!!
I said at the time of the election along with Mr I that the devil we know is better than the devil we don't. I could be wrong, could be right, guess we will find out from now until the beginning of 2021, if quality signings aren't made we are in big trouble as we will waste our cap on alot of dud players and will likely be for 2 year deals and it will set our rebuild back another season