Have we ever had a worse or better halves of football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Even though it is difficult you can probably find a worse bulldogs half, but certainly this 2nd half has to go down as the best the bulldogs have produced

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Round 1 2008.
Led Parra 20-0 at half time.
Lost 24-20 from memory.
But that was in reverse obviously.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This season? Yes.

All time? No.

2002 vs Knights was pretty darn good..

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
classic game of two halves. so care free in the 2nd half, havnt seen the team string that many passing together for a while.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
worst half of football I can remember would have been 2nd half of dogs vs brisbane preliminary final in 2006.
we lead 20-6 at half time, to lose 37-20.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've never seen worse stats in rugby League at half time in all of my life. Honestly. How they turned it around is beyond me but for me all this win does is sweep under the carpet yet again all of the glaring problems at our club and in our team.

With two games to go and a spot in the semis still a small chance we came out that flat at home to a team we were favoured to beat? And didn't try the whole first half and put on the worst display ever? Just because we won doesn't mean we're good. Newcastle were just as bad in the second half last night and we weren't that great, just scored some great tries.

A real team last night would have put 40 on us after that first half and not let us back in in the second half. I'm glad we won and like the spirit and turnaround but am not impressed overall after that first half display. That is highly concerning IMO how this keeps on happening every third week. Turn around at the club my ass.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First Half Points: 6-22
Second Half Points: 26-0

Best all season!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I've never seen worse stats in rugby League at half time in all of my life. Honestly. How they turned it around is beyond me but for me all this win does is sweep under the carpet yet again all of the glaring problems at our club and in our team.

With two games to go and a spot in the semis still a small chance we came out that flat at home to a team we were favoured to beat? And didn't try the whole first half and put on the worst display ever? Just because we won doesn't mean we're good. Newcastle were just as bad in the second half last night and we weren't that great, just scored some great tries.

A real team last night would have put 40 on us after that first half and not let us back in in the second half. I'm glad we won and like the spirit and turnaround but am not impressed overall after that first half display. That is highly concerning IMO how this keeps on happening every third week. Turn around at the club my ass.
have you ever considered enjoying football a little more, and just shutting up? You are like a whining little girl sometimes. Yeh we have some way to go, but what do you expect, JD to walk in late in the season, and suddenly we play perfect footy every week? We are still without Ennis and Halatau and a few players like eastwood are screaming for a good offseason. Any "turnaround" should be more obvious next year. Anyone who thinks we havent improved already, is a) blind and b) a troll. Some ppl just expect too much too soon. We are lucky to even be a longshot to make the 8 still, after losing 7 of 9 in the middle of the season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would have rivaled the Titans against the dogs as one of the worst first halves of the season. Could not complete a set, simple errors, kick out on the full. Was pretty pathetic. Gave away penalties. 3 tries to 1 was not that bad. Mind you we won 6 tries to 3 even though the score line doesnt suggest it was that much of a thrashing (only won by 10 due to goal kicking and penalties)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
have you ever considered enjoying football a little more, and just shutting up? You are like a whining little girl sometimes. Yeh we have some way to go, but what do you expect, JD to walk in late in the season, and suddenly we play perfect footy every week? We are still without Ennis and Halatau and a few players like eastwood are screaming for a good offseason. Any "turnaround" should be more obvious next year. Anyone who thinks we havent improved already, is a) blind and b) a troll. Some ppl just expect too much too soon. We are lucky to even be a longshot to make the 8 still, after losing 7 of 9 in the middle of the season.
I don't expect anything! I like the fact that we've turned a few things around. Dymock has done a decent job. But everyone carries on like he's the greatest coach ever and we're the greatest team. None of which could be further from the truth. I like what I see, I don't like everyone elses reaction to what they think they see.

Now stop trolling my posts and get a life.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't expect anything! I like the fact that we've turned a few things around. Dymock has done a decent job. But everyone carries on like he's the greatest coach ever and we're the greatest team. None of which could be further from the truth. I like what I see, I don't like everyone elses reaction to what they think they see.

Now stop trolling my posts and get a life.
Its more about that he has a positive effect on the team and they have improved since he started. It was always going to be hard to pick up a team 2/3 of the way into the season and make a meaningful change to the season. He obviously has the backing of the players which is a huge plus. Hes a passionate ex dog player and has some coaching skills, and id like to see him tried for a year at least.

Id like to see what he can do with the boys with an offseason. I also dont see any available coaches to challenge him for the job at this time. Stuart has been a rumour the whole time, he hasnt said he wants to do it, and getting someone like Taylor or Anderson is laughable. If we dont do better next year under JD, by all means get someone else.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holdsworth and Roberts were pretty awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.