Have Ogden and Crichton been released ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah alot of wingers get blamed for it but most of the time they have to come in to make up for defensive mistakes on the inside.
I know what your saying, but Crichton was a poor judge of when to come in, When he should have, he didn't, when he did, he need not have. He used to do my head in.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club can move on C Allen, then a cheap 1yr deal to Crichton would suit all parties.
If you went around the NRL for wingers that are off contract. Looking in the minimum wage category. Crichton wouldn’t make the top 20 of that list. Absolutely no way we sign Crichton.

Ogden on minimum would be OK but this year in what was an off contract year he wasn’t great.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you play him? JAC and Cotric are almost certainly our NRL wingers and we have Okunbor and Katoa re-signed/extended for next year who you'd think are our reserve grade wingers/depth.
I honestly hope we release Cotric & use the savings where they are better needed.
He has been a massive disappointment!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club can move on C Allen, then a cheap 1yr deal to Crichton would suit all parties.
Allen & Cotric can both fuck off for mind, replaced by someone on a couple of hundred with the remainder utilised in the spine or expanding the quality of the front row rotation

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen & Cotric can both fuck off for mind, replaced by someone on a couple of hundred with the remainder utilised in the spine or expanding the quality of the front row rotation
There is no doubt Cotric is getting paid overs but his signature was the signature that got the ball rolling for the better players to sign.

I think with better players around him next year we will see a much better player.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is no doubt Cotric is getting paid overs but his signature was the signature that got the ball rolling for the better players to sign.

I think with better players around him next year we will see a much better player.
Only played half a season and leads our tackle break count and meaney only took over him for line breaks in the last game. He's one of my favourite players hopefully a big year for him next year and is still only just 22

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only played half a season and leads our tackle break count and meaney only took over him for line breaks in the last game. He's one of my favourite players hopefully a big year for him next year and is still only just 22
I agree, prepared to overlook the "overs" in the contract this is what it is, got shit service hoppa wouldnt even pass the fucking ball to him most of the time, next year with better service we will see this guy shine.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree, prepared to overlook the "overs" in the contract this is what it is, got shit service hoppa wouldnt even pass the fucking ball to him most of the time, next year with better service we will see this guy shine.
Yeah annoyed me this season instead of hoppa passing early with space he'd run back in field

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Dragons were having a look at Ogden.
I think that was earlier in the year. They have since signed Francis Molo and one of the Burgess brothers so I’m not sure they’re still interested

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden is worth another modest contract as I believe his best playing days are ahead of him IMO.

I also think that the delay in re signing him is due to the club being set on a contract value limit which the Ogden clan are trying to push higher.

So Ofa is most likely being shopped around but will most likely come back if he cant find a better deal.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ogden goes hard. Would be great for depth for suspensions/injuries
Ogden is good... As you said good for depth, good skill and doesnt back down. He also leads the boys around at training and actually has that energy, big voice about him.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree that Cotrics signature contributed to a change of feeling & expectations around the place. However I think that the effect has been realised & now we are lumped with a significantly over paid, underperforming winger. He may be much better with better players around, however at his best he was only a fringe SoO player & not worth 650k(considering we have the Fox @550k)
I would prefer to contribute 100k odd to piss him off & go with our alternatives while using the 500-550k in the spine or pigs.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden has a lot of ability. He just doesnt know how good he can be. With a different mind set,
and the proper opportunity he could be very good.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden has a lot of ability. He just doesnt know how good he can be. With a different mind set,
and the proper opportunity he could be very good.
Maybe he could find it next year? Look who he is going to have around him next year vs this year.