Hasler to extend for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It helped that we showed our best ball handling in a long time, all despite the poor conditions and fact we still threw the ball around

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It should be noted....

We played the same style we always played. Only difference is we had a Halfback who could kick and on the back of that we were running our plays 5x times faster.

Tonight showed some skill and attitude is what we've been missing.
I reckon there were just two simple things that contributed to tonight's win that we haven't had for years.

1. A very competent kicking game.
2. A go forward that good I haven't seen for seasons

Its easy to see that the kicking game came from Matt Frawley so the question that demands an answer is: "Why hasn't Hasler selected him before now"?
The go forward is a coachable factor of a team's attack. What the hell did Hasler insist the dummy half do in the 2016 season?

Its just my opinion but I think that the players took matters into their own hands tonight.

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Problem with lichaa he second guess him self wen in open field he looks around and looks lost.
Lots of problems.

Not engaging the markers, not passing out in front, he seems to be more deceptive to our own players then the opposition, his play the balls are generally slow after a dart because he is looking to offload instead of a quick play the ball and no kicking game.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon there were just two simple things that contributed to tonight's win that we haven't had for years.

Its easy to see that the kicking game came from Matt Frawley so the question that demands an answer is: "Why wasn't hasn't Hasler selected him before now"?
The go forward is a coachable factor of a team's attack. What the hell did Hasler insist the dummy half do in the 2016 season?

Its just my opinion but I think that the players took matters into their own hands tonight.
you forgot one important thing..... Great Coaching for the condition, we could have had an additional 3 tries if our luck was better.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What an absolute privlage to get Turvey to present your jersey. Grats MF on a very solid debut

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
An open letter to Raelene Castle......

Sorry Raelene, the players played for themselves and the fans tonight not Des.

James Graham's face at the end of the match had the steel in it that he brought to the club, not the the passiveness that Des has beaten into this team.

Raelene, I believe you are a maligned administrator with a lot to to offer this club. I don't care that you think the cheerleaders should wear something akin to an Amish netball outfit, because you have done other good things. But I do care, very passionately, that the club i have supported for over 40 years bears little resemblance to the team who's culture was renowned throughout rugby league for decades. The Bulldogs are a hard, no nonsense, quality club. Always with a steel eyed captain and a forward pack that takes no steps backward. We've been the entertainers, we've been a brick wall in defence. Never in forty years have I seen this club in the disarray that it is on field right now. Blaming the players is ridiculous, we are littered with internationals and origin players. Noted hard men, backs who will get up from injury to make a tackle. The Dogs do not give up.

Who has turned James Graham from the piss and vinegar forward and captain who never took a step back from an opponent or an official in defence of his team, a man willing to tear a strip off a player behind the sticks and still offer him a hand to his feet a moment later into the passive captain he has been for over a year? A coach and a strategy with no success, and no sign of improvement does that.

The steel in his eye tonight at the end, the cover tackle, these are the traits of the James Graham we want captaining our team and you have every chance of having that. But not by retaining someone who appears to have a greater regard for his 'super coach' and 'non traditional mad scientist' labels than he does for utilising the skills he has at his disposal to their best effect.

I am only one Bulldogs fan, but I implore you Raelene, do not subject this great club to two more years of experimental rubbish from Des. Genius he may be, flawed he most certainly is. The wrong conversation is being had, Des Hasler needs to be replaced with the likes of an Ivan Cleary at our most early opportunity

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score

Its easy to see that the kicking game came from Matt Frawley so the question that demands an answer is: "Why wasn't hasn't Hasler selected him before now"?

I reckon you are spot on.

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It should be noted....

We played the same style we always played. Only difference is we had a Halfback who could kick and on the back of that we were running our plays 5x times faster.

Tonight showed some skill and attitude is what we've been missing.
You have to ask yourself why, I don't think it was to save Des. Why are the board so damn blindly following a retention agenda for Des when everyone else interested in the game is wondering if he will be sacked? Seems a tad out of line doesn't it?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Happy for Des and the playing group. You can't say he doesn't understand the culture on tonight's effort. They were never gunna lose once they got in front. They showed true grit and kept on coming. Once we build a bit of confidence our attack will flow better and wel start putting on more points.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunrise news confirms raelene announced 2 year extention to be finalised within next month...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So guess now the ball is in Des's court.... the kennel to explode in 3....2...1...

Reactions: DT

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing that Castle and Hasler have made a pact to have each other's back.
It's a disgrace. One win in torrential rain which saved them, is all it needed. The Bulldogs are waiting until round 10 because they have seen the draw and realise its soooo soft, they could go on a winning run.
Hasler will extend now
Joke !

Reactions: DT

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing that Castle and Hasler have made a pact to have each other's back.
It's a disgrace. One win in torrential rain which saved them, is all it needed. The Bulldogs are waiting until round 10 because they have seen the draw and realise its soooo soft, they could go on a winning run.
Hasler will extend now
Joke !
The only way you could do castle is looking at her back but the moula has to be in the 6 figures

Status
Not open for further replies.