Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fuck off des

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It should be noted....

We played the same style we always played. Only difference is we had a Halfback who could kick and on the back of that we were running our plays 5x times faster.

Tonight showed some skill and attitude is what we've been missing.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Haha I knew this would come up after a win like that but not this quick.
ray dib was probably sounding like arnie at fulltime telling raelene to release the news that des has re-signed

the round 10 evaluation plan was set up so that we announced his extending contract after we get good results against the tigers, knights and souths but he cant waste this moment

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury score 10-7 win over Brisbane, Des Hasler contract extension looming
Dean Ritchie, ANZ Stadium, The Daily Telegraph
18 minutes ago
THIS was Des’ night.

A shock win over premiership heavyweights Brisbane and then a looming two-year contract extension.

The Dogs are back in business after an upset 10-7 victory over the Broncos at a soggy ANZ Stadium.

It was Canterbury’s second win of the year and relieves enormous pressure off the Bulldogs players and head coach Des Hasler.

Canterbury are famous for firing back when cornered and angry — and it was there to see yet again on Thursday night.

Hasler was under serious pressure during the match.
Doggies players celebrated hard at fulltime. And why not.

Victory was an extraordinary turnaround for a Canterbury side embarrassed 36-0 by Manly last week.

And Hasler looks ready to sign a new deal keeping him at Belmore until the end of 2019.

After a three-hour Bulldogs board meeting at ANZ Stadium before the match, Canterbury CEO Raelene Castle emerged to say: “We continue to have positive conversations. We’ve got a position now we’ll present to Des’ management and we’re hopeful that will result in a favourable outcome. I’d be very surprised if we don’t have a decision within the next month.

Klemmer was enormous in the middle of the field.
“There’s still some hoops to jump through to make sure everything is sorted. But it continues to look very positive. I’m not happy to discuss the confidential nature of that agreement with Des.”

Asked were the “hoops” results based, Castle said: “No they are not results-related. It’s a decision for two years so it’s important we get it right and make sure both parties are happy.

“It’s of huge important to the Bulldogs so if it takes us an extra week to get it done, we’ll take that extra week.”
Canterbury were behind 7-0 at halftime but two second-half tries — one to Josh Reynolds, the other to rising fullback Brad Abbey — edged the hosts past Brisbane in driving rain.

Reynolds’ 55th-minute try was Canterbury’s first in 137 minutes of footy.

Reynolds was in everything, the off-contract former NSW star showing his usual enthusiasm and energy.

It was a tough game in the wet conditions.
The Bulldogs forwards stood up after a week of heavy criticism.

James Graham, David Klemmer, Sam Kasiano, Josh Jackson were all robust.

It was a thoroughly deserved and important win.

Canterbury halfback Matt Frawley, making his NRL debut for suspended Moses Mbye, was given his first jersey by club legend Steve Mortimer.

Mortimer has obviously been invited back into the fold after standing down from the board late last year. Frawley’s short kicking game was impressive in the first half.

There was just one try scored in the opening 40 minutes — and it was posted by Broncos forward Sam Thaiday in the eighth minute.

Thaiday wins race for try
Abbey was, for some reason, was positioned in the frontline of defence trying to charge down a kick from Anthony Milford, leaving no-one at fullback.

Thaiday beat Milford and the scrambling Bulldogs to the loose ball to score. Broncos winger Jordan Kahu converted for a 6-0 lead.

Canterbury had four successive sets at Brisbane’s tryline late midway through the first half but the Broncos defence didn’t crack. Canterbury walked out empty and went into halftime without having scored a point in 123 minutes of football.

Their previous try was in the 77th minute against Warriors in round three. The Bulldogs were tackled inside Brisbane’s 20 metre line no less than 15 times in the first half.

Kahu kicked a left-footed field goal — he is usually right-footed — right on halftime to give his side a 7-0 lead.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brilliant Coaching effort by Dessy!! In Des we trust.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 point win Knights next week
8 points brother...then Rabbitohs and tigers all winable on tonight's effort...we need consistency and if we can do that there will be teams looking over their shoulders and critics eating their words.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dessies biggest issue IMO is his loyalty to players in FG - very reluctant to drop players, also poor recruitment retention.

The defence is usually strong, which means the players do want to play for him

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It should be noted....

We played the same style we always played. Only difference is we had a Halfback who could kick and on the back of that we were running our plays 5x times faster.

Tonight showed some skill and attitude is what we've been missing.
Can you imagine if we had a better hooker to.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you imagine if we had a better hooker to.
Lichaa went pretty good tonight I thought.

I still think Woolford's the goods though! I reckon moving Mbye/Reynolds to Hooker from next season and having Woolford come off from the bench for a season would be the best idea going forward.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah accidentally finding out we had a fucken half who could kick!!

No coach could have come up with that. lol
Des doesn't drop players. Case in point: Mitch Brown 2014, even Graham had enough of him by the end

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still think Woolford's the goods though! I reckon moving Mbye/Reynolds to Hooker from next season and having Woolford come off from the bench for a season would be the best idea going forward.
Mbye has a perfect pass left to right and vice versa off the ground.

He can put in a grubber close to the line which is handy.

He's 90kg which is very decent for a hooker and he wont struggle in defence.

He has great speed off the mark

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Problem with lichaa he second guess him self wen in open field he looks around and looks lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.