Hasler on the radio just then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just listened to Des on MMM being interviewed by Girds etc.

Most of it was cliches as per usual TBH. Des was very articulate instead of his mumbling type things that he usually gives.
Brief run down.

- Said the guys are a really tight knit group and the Ennis (unrest) thing is just rumour.
- Said its mainly just un-forced mistakes causing all of this and a distinct lack of ball. Drop balls, Stolen ball, running over the side line.
- Thinks "Grubb" will only have to answer for the high tackle.
- Suggested that Thaiday and the bronc's would be very "Happy" with the kick penalty (Thaiday played it). Said Josh was entitled to fight to play the ball and had no sight on Thaiday.
- Can't remember how he justified the trip????
- Defended T-rex when Denton said how do you make him mad cause he could detroy the world. Des said he probably had a bad game and said that he had run 130 metres the week before, Denton said, he could run 1000 if he wanted too.
- Mentioned the amount of penalties.
- Agreed to the game was in the balance when "Grubb" kicked Thaiday and gave away the penalty when it was 6 again on the try line.
- Mentioned SOO. suspensions and injuries.
- Said it just gets to a point where you have to say enough is enough.

Don't blame the messenger on this, I was overall un-happy with the general cliche of the interview but in saying that I don't know what he could have said at this point to justify our past month.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fair points to be honest. we have no respect for the football.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Im just wondering if there ever been a team that has been 1st or 2nd most of the year and dropped as low as we have?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im just wondering if there ever been a team that has been 1st or 2nd most of the year and dropped as low as we have?
Most teams choke in the finals, we are choking before the finals.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing new really only damage control!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yeah, my point exactly. are we even going to make the finals lol
As much as it kills and depresses me, I don't see us winning another game this year, well not if we play like we have been the last month.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad he mentioned stuff all possession, its causing us grief.
They gotta think the ball is made of gold because it eventually cost them contracts.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I mentally laid to rest our chances of the 2014 season last night, half a bottle of scotch helped! Unless there is a quality FB signing for the 2015 season I expect the same next year. I have never entertained or even thought of the idea of "Sack Hasler" until someone started that thread. For me if 2015 goes the same way than I say give Dymock his chance in 2016, the last 2 seasons is not good enough!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Needs to get back to the drawing board. Not really sold his innovation techniques: someone close to the club told me he Hasler still owns and uses a fax machine LOL.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I mentally laid to rest our chances of the 2014 season last night, half a bottle of scotch helped! Unless there is a quality FB signing for the 2015 season I expect the same next year. I have never entertained or even thought of the idea of "Sack Hasler" until someone started that thread. For me if 2015 goes the same way than I say give Dymock his chance in 2016, the last 2 seasons is not good enough!
If we make the finals this year that is 3 finals series in a row and the last 2 (if we make this year) being with an attackless team and no quality attacking players on the market. That is pretty damn good if you ask me, we might not make the grandfinal or what ever but if we keep making the finals year by year the players will get use to a winning culture and the experience needed for the big final games.

Des knows what he is doing, somethings haven't fallen into place for us yet or become available yet but he is trying to fix shit up with what is available and the current ruleset. Our 2012 playstyle won't work anymore due to the rule changes and Des's understanding of the obstruction rule has been with him since he played footy I guess so its hard for him to change it up.

He is getting players to replace old shoulders and rebuild a team for the future, a few clubs go through this but for us we are still making the 8 and possibilities for the finals which few struggle to do in a rebuilding process.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Needs to get back to the drawing board. Not really sold his innovation techniques: someone close to the club told me he Hasler still owns and uses a fax machine LOL.
Alot of companies still use them lol

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Suggested that Thaiday and the bronc's would be very "Happy" with the kick penalty (Thaiday played it). Said Josh was entitled to fight to play the ball and had no sight on Thaiday.
Since when is the ground in the air.

He moved his feet upwards, no he wasn't aiming for Thaiday, just any player in his boots sights. Thaiday was just the unlucky player to be there.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If we make the finals this year that is 3 finals series in a row and the last 2 (if we make this year) being with an attackless team and no quality attacking players on the market. That is pretty damn good if you ask me, we might not make the grandfinal or what ever but if we keep making the finals year by year the players will get use to a winning culture and the experience needed for the big final games.

Des knows what he is doing, somethings haven't fallen into place for us yet or become available yet but he is trying to fix shit up with what is available and the current ruleset. Our 2012 playstyle won't work anymore due to the rule changes and Des's understanding of the obstruction rule has been with him since he played footy I guess so its hard for him to change it up.

He is getting players to replace old shoulders and rebuild a team for the future, a few clubs go through this but for us we are still making the 8 and possibilities for the finals which few struggle to do in a rebuilding process.
Get what your saying but just making the finals and getting smashed or bundled out week 1 is not good enough for a club the calibre of what the dogs use to be. Des is human, I get it but he is still making poor team selection week in week out that just plain don't work. I also think his theory of 17 forwards on the field at once is poor. As I said he has next season for me then if the same crap is happeneing than he had his chance with me! He has brought in nothing new since 2012 and some say it was Dymock that did that?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone get a link or podcast for it?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get what your saying but just making the finals and getting smashed or bundled out week 1 is not good enough for a club the calibre of what the dogs use to be. Des is human, I get it but he is still making poor team selection week in week out that just plain don't work. I also think his theory of 17 forwards on the field at once is poor. As I said he has next season for me then if the same crap is happeneing than he had his chance with me! He has brought in nothing new since 2012 and some say it was Dymock that did that?
I wouldn't know what Dymock did in 2012 but he is still around so he still has input with the coaching staff and boys. For me next year is the start of building a team towards the future, we are getting a new hooker, new backline players ready to go and who else knows what (hopefully good things).

I still want the boys to do good this year and not give up but at the moment our depth is crap and we are running out of players to use in our backline, as I said next year will start to solve that problem but for now Des has to use what is available to its potential.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wouldn't know what Dymock did in 2012 but he is still around so he still has input with the coaching staff and boys. For me next year is the start of building a team towards the future, we are getting a new hooker, new backline players ready to go and who else knows what (hopefully good things).

I still want the boys to do good this year and not give up but at the moment our depth is crap and we are running out of players to use in our backline, as I said next year will start to solve that problem but for now Des has to use what is available to its potential.
Those young blokes for next year is a ray of light, just need a quality FB otherwise we do not have enough attack in the team. Need to stop relying on our front roweres for attacking spark.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More lame excuses.
whats his excuse for zero line speed and creativity? Whats his excuse for no last play options or set plays? Whats his excuse for continuuing to play players out of position and not in form. Too much talk not enough action i say.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is we've been playing the same kind of football and making the same kind of errors/lack of possession in the last 4 weeks. It's copycat football, and I'm sorry but things like "respect for the ball and possession" aren't things that take 4 weeks to rectify. When we use the same style of play, don't seem to offload, defence has dropped massively and overall just don't look like a top 4 team anymore - there's way more to it than the simple stuff.

It was an excuse when we had all our injuries, but now so many players are back nothing has changed. This week was a replica, if not worse than the last 3 weeks.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just lol at people saying next year is Hasler last chance. Being realistic our roster is not that great tbh. Our forward pack is awesome, but seriously our back line is shit. Forwards win matches, but when u hav a back line like ours ur gunna struggle to score points. We have no x-factor player, a player that can bust a game open when needed and win a game. We have no superstar! Tbh des is doing a fantastic job to get us even in the 8 with our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.