Hasler is now a just a hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoChance

Waterboy
Reaction score
http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/13/hasler-now-just-hassle/

Sunday afternoon’s 28-12 loss to Penrith made it apparent that the way the Bulldogs play cannot win a premiership.

The problems start with their spine.

William Hoppate is centre who filled in well at fullback, he is very safe, good positionally and smart, but he slow and not particularly good at ball playing.

Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye are both five-eighths, and both have average kicking games.

Mbye is very talented, but never has enough ball. There a sets deep in the opposition half where he won’t even touch the ball, and when he does it is a predictable pass to a foward. Mbye showed his skills with the first try of the afternoon on Sunday that’s what he do when he runs the ball.

Still, Canterbury desperately need a halfback who can lead are team around the park and give them direction in attack.

As for Michael Lichaa, he just passes the ball from dummy half, posing zero danger to any opposition.

I am not blaming the players though – they really look like they are trying, but they are set up to fail.

The blame must fall directly on Des Hasler.

Des has failed to change following the success of 2012, when they made the grand final. The problem is the rest of the NRL have caught up, and Ben Barba was one one of the reasons why Bulldogs were successful in 2012, but he is no longer at the club.

The dilemma at hand is probably going to get worse, with no key signings, or rookie players to get excited about. Their defence and toughness will probably be enough for them to make eight in 2017, but they need a change of indentity – and that starts from the top, or you will see the same old recycled play.

While he has made finals in every year, and two grand finals in five years, Des has to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad but true.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm
Loving this heat and pressure put on this club with a board lacking balls leadership and will to win and succeed on the footy field

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
More pressure on Des. I wonder if he'll resign in the off season!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
And throw away over $1m?

No way
You'd rather have another dismal year? Look I'm not saying we're going to win next year if we sack Des, but we have to start somewhere to rebuild. If we do that now, we have a 1 year headstart. Heck if we wait another year the players will be 1 year close to retirement. Do it now while we're young.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd rather have another dismal year? Look I'm not saying we're going to win next year if we sack Des, but we have to start somewhere to rebuild. If we do that now, we have a 1 year headstart. Heck if we wait another year the players will be 1 year close to retirement. Do it now while we're young.
I want Des gone. I would get rid of him and pay out the remainder of his contract.

You were saying if Des would resign??if he resigns he will not be getting his payout as he stood himself down!

The only way he will not be here next year, is if the board gives him the boot and not Des leaving on his own merit

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Mbye is very talented, but never has enough ball. There a sets deep in the opposition half where he won’t even touch the ball, and when he does it is a predictable pass to a foward. Mbye showed his skills with the first try of the afternoon on Sunday that’s what he do when he runs the ball.

Still, Canterubry desperately need a halfback who can lead are team around the park and give them direction in attack."

While I agree with the article.. who wrote this?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's obviouse we are stuck with Des for at least the 2017 season

Question is?

Will he listen to everyone and change things around?
Or will he be a **** and keep doing the same?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another great article from the Roar

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/13/time-major-change-bulldogs/

A seventh place finish on the ladder – and a Week 1 exit – was surely not the plan. However, it is now the reality, and therefore something that needs addressing.

Des Hasler has forgotten more about rugby league than I know, and I bow to his knowledge of the game. Be that as it may, something needs to change at the Dogs: the coach, the tactics or some of the players.

Maybe even all three.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But we were all called fairy weather and untrue supporters by the same people gone missing today.
Yep yep. We were called doomsayers. We didn't support our club. What do we know about footy... negative fcuks..
Where are all those love to suck Des off supporters now

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep yep. We were called doomsayers. We didn't support our club. What do we know about footy... negative fcuks..
Where are all those love to suck Des off supporters now
Enjoying the smell of their own farts, South Park style lol

Status
Not open for further replies.