Hasler.. Coach of the Bulldogs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still coach but have a feeling something else is brewing.

2017 is going to be an interesting year.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After all these years following the dogs, this is all disgraceful, i'm taking a sabbitical until changes are made with this once great club.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope this his last year unless he delivers big time next year .

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank Christ for that. We will have him resigned hopefully for another 2 years next year.
Great news

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This shake up should wake everyone up players and coaches included!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing on twitter Des offered to leave for $800k, board decided to stick with him for 2017 (and I guess pay him $1.2m).

IF (big if) true, 66c in the dollar would've been worth it, that $400k would been a big chunk of a more suitable option (Pay/Dymock/Holbrook/Cleary/etc).

I'm predicting we will miss the 8 next year, possibly we'll scrape in and be first final losers. Where is the sign of progression from 2016?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this close shave scared the shit out of him and causes him to change his game plan for next year plus goes on a recruitment drive and develops the juniors then im happy for him to stay. This is what you get for being arrogant and playing boring football.

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
**** will buckle under the mounting pressure and will quit mid-season. You watch.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Des strategy. Grind it out. Play boring grinding footy. As long as we get a high completion rate and low error count we can beat half the competition (those with a roster far inferior to ours + the odd fluke) and on average make the finals. Top half! Big whoop!! We get the added benefit that our boring style means we don't have too many rep players missing during Origin. Genius!

People who still think he is a good coach because of his record need their head examined. He is a classic example of a coach that has failed to adapt to the times. The classic grind down style doesn't really work anymore and will be even less effective in the coming seasons not to mention it bores the fans which potentially means less and less membership dollars as time goes by.

Fuck off Des

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing on twitter Des offered to leave for $800k, board decided to stick with him for 2017 (and I guess pay him $1.2m).
Des at his extortiuon best. Pay me 1.2 million what I'm owed for next year and cop it sweet whatever crap I serve up OR pay me 800K because your impotence and incompetence is greater than mine. Win win siuation for Hasler. Stayeda mere 20 minutes ina meeting that was deciding his future, that's how much he cares about the direction of the club.

If management and the board have any pride or dignity left they should be lining up a new support staff they want to succeed Hasler right now and throw it back in his face . Its obvious Hasler doesn't give a fuck and management should look to put as much pressure on him as possible and allow the transition for the 2018 to be a smooth one with the hiring of new support staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.