Has the Bulldogs Strength and Conditioning Coach underperformed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a new thread to get your thoughts on our strength and conditioning coach and marrying it up with the reason why our players under perform in respects to their size and facilities we have.

Facts are:

1. We have one of the best training facilities in the country.
2. Arguably the one the best NRL coaches in the modern era.
3. The biggest team in the NRL all across the park.
4. In respect to their size probably the softest team in the NRL.

So I'm really starting to thing the club needs to invest in a decent strength and conditioning coach.

When Martin Taupau left and became really strong and fit at the Tigers on many occasions he has thanked his strength and conditioning coach at the Tigers for his increased strength and power.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our strength and conditioning department is doing just fine.
If you look at the Tigers half their team had been out with injuries, same with the Panthers.
They may have the strength side of it, but lack the conditioning side of it.
It's a matter of getting a balance of it and to minimize the chance of injury. Also you can only have about 3-4kg natural muscle growth per year anyway. Unless you're on illegal substances.

Malla

Reaction score
No real major injuries except T-Rex. I think we are doing just fine.

Malla

Reaction score
And On Taupau, end of the day he was a sub-par player at the Dogs and he was under performing on the field. I would assume he wasn't training as hard off it. New environment and new people worked for him. He trains a lot harder now, hence the form we are seeing in him now however he is still inconsistent and gives away stupid penalties.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear tapau has a great "strength & conditioning coach".

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you have a Holden Racecar with a V6 engine. Yeah its body is big but then engine is small in comparison on a V8 and probably can not match the other cars so it will always perform poorly.

Remember people here constantly blaming Des coaching for sub par performances. Perhaps its not his coaching but the players ability. Bare in mind be have the best facilities in Australia so we should be able to blow teams away not just match them in terms of intensity.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our strength and conditioning department is doing just fine.
If you look at the Tigers half their team had been out with injuries, same with the Panthers.
They may have the strength side of it, but lack the conditioning side of it.
It's a matter of getting a balance of it and to minimize the chance of injury. Also you can only have about 3-4kg natural muscle growth per year anyway. Unless you're on illegal substances.
We have probably have had more injuries then them and remember they did put a cricket score on us not to long ago.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear tapau has a great "strength & conditioning coach".

may be that is why he is doing pushup on the field during a game and doing front dumbell curls during half time.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
may be that is why he is doing pushup on the field during a game and doing front dumbell curls during half time.
100%. He used to be pretty reserved and now he's an absolute show pony. Just what I've heard but I tend to believe

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our strength and conditioning coach better be doing their job
Or david minute will get em with his boogie man masterbation calls.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And On Taupau, end of the day he was a sub-par player at the Dogs and he was under performing on the field. I would assume he wasn't training as hard off it. New environment and new people worked for him. He trains a lot harder now, hence the form we are seeing in him now however he is still inconsistent and gives away stupid penalties.
Watching Taupau at the Dogs, I've never been less convinced (either way) on a player. He showed enough occasional glimpses of brilliance that it didn't seem out of the question he'd become an absolute superstar. He showed, though, more than enough sloppiness and basic errors that you could also believe that he'd be struggling to hold down an NSW Cup spot in a few years. Most other players, you can at least see what level they'll wind up at.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think there is any issue with strength and conditioning. Im concerned about who coaches our kicking game and there often isnt a plan in attack. (or is Des keeping our best attacking plays under wraps till the finals like last year?)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think there is any issue with strength and conditioning. Im concerned about who coaches our kicking game and there often isnt a plan in attack. (or is Des keeping our best attacking plays under wraps till the finals like last year?)
havent you already figured out yet??

kicking game is not/ never was part of our game under des.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a new thread to get your thoughts on our strength and conditioning coach and marrying it up with the reason why our players under perform in respects to their size and facilities we have.

Facts are:

1. We have one of the best training facilities in the country.
2. Arguably the one the best NRL coaches in the modern era.
3. The biggest team in the NRL all across the park.
4. In respect to their size probably the softest team in the NRL.

So I'm really starting to thing the club needs to invest in a decent strength and conditioning coach.

When Martin Taupau left and became really strong and fit at the Tigers on many occasions he has thanked his strength and conditioning coach at the Tigers for his increased strength and power.
Mate, find something to do PLEASE !!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Strength and conditioning has nothing to do with our inconsistency.
In fact we've proven multiple times this year that we can "run down" big scores at the back end of games.
Our problem is simple, too many penalties, too much dropped ball = not enough possession.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I question: Did this thread only came around because of Minutes sacking?

Maybe now that Minute is sacked she can concentrate on her job, not idiots harassing her.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You've really got me going on this one bringitontm.

Personally I think its a combination of Hasler's no game plan and one dimensional attack and defence plus the strength and conditioning coach just not doing their job.

Many times, even before halftime, have the commentators come out with "The Bulldogs aren't talking - they've got their hands on their hips".

And just to throw up two examples that really get me wondering what goes on at the Bulldogs we have Sam Kasiano and Greg Eastwood. Both of them look more like good judges of a schooner than the elite of the NRL.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You've really got me going on this one bringitontm.

Personally I think its a combination of Hasler's no game plan and one dimensional attack and defence plus the strength and conditioning coach just not doing their job.

Many times, even before halftime, have the commentators come out with "The Bulldogs aren't talking - they've got their hands on their hips".

And just to throw up two examples that really get me wondering what goes on at the Bulldogs we have Sam Kasiano and Greg Eastwood. Both of them look more like good judges of a schooner than the elite of the NRL.
Exactly. Playing well is one aspect of the game. Absolutely dominating teams is something we have not done for a couple of seasons now.

Everyone blasts on how big the size of our players is but what's the point. We should be dominating easily with the right training. Which other team has a hyperbaric chamber. They should have oxygenated red blood cell coming out their ass.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I question: Did this thread only came around because of Minutes sacking?

Maybe now that Minute is sacked she can concentrate on her job, not idiots harassing her.
Kind of been thinking about it for sometime. The woman that had a problem with Minute is not the first grade conditioning coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.