Has our club got a profile problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i know me and my younger sisters, and mum, dont find these after match 'celebrations' intimidating, its part of the atmosphere, passion, and makes our games what they are..

tbh i used to notice alot of lebanese flags in the crowd.. i think this has decreased and thats probably a good thing..

i was also at the sharks/dragons game.. and it was unbelievably boring! noone after the game seemed to care that theyd won/lost.. the only guy yelling out, cheering etc.. was a guy cheering for the warriors!!!

and in answer to your question, no the people that cause trouble are not supporters of the bulldogs, OR rugby league, in the first image they dont even look 'ethnic'..

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A two strike policy.
Give the trouble makers a warning.
Next trouble they vause they are baneed for 2 seasons from home games
You see, it now coems down to this:
Are those in the clip, "trouble makers"?

Some may see them as passioante, excited and extatic with the brilliant win!
Celebrating "doggy-style"... Im not sure you can 'warn' the whole group.

Either way, and at the end of the day it dosnt look that great to the general public imo...
Not sure?

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs cannot afford a two stike policy.

we have trouble makers of middle eastern decent - no one can deny that. However this is decreasing quite a bit. They come for the social side of things on big games. Otherwise you do not see them!

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The clip doesnt show anything

Apart from the Ayri bil Yahood chants, they arnt doing much except just celebrating a victory. They didnt hurt anyone, or cause alot of trouble.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know me and my younger sisters, and mum, dont find these after match 'celebrations' intimidating, its part of the atmosphere, passion, and makes our games what they are..
There you go... Tahl said the same thing, and i think you would have alot of people agree with you there..
tbh i used to notice alot of lebanese flags in the crowd.. i think this has decreased and thats probably a good thing..
Definatly...

i was also at the sharks/dragons game.. and it was unbelievably boring! noone after the game seemed to care that theyd won/lost.. the only guy yelling out, cheering etc.. was a guy cheering for the warriors!!!
Lmaao! Yea that drunk warrior gave us something to listen to ay? Broken up Momentarily by "GO THE BULLDOGS!!!" hehe

T

TdoggBulldog

lol i even take my little sister to games and she happens to be one of the blondest whitest kids i know and she does not feel intimidated at games at all..

actually, at every game except bulldogs vs cowboys i've had a good discussion with an opposition supporter i've been sitting next to and made great mates lol..

cowboys supporters abused me a fair bit though lol

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i even take my little sister to games and she happens to be one of the blondest whitest kids i know and she does not feel intimidated at games at all..

actually, at every game except bulldogs vs cowboys i've had a good discussion with an opposition supporter i've been sitting next to and made great mates lol..

cowboys supporters abused me a fair bit though lol
the sydney games are different to the nth qld games. because the trouble makers wouldnt even bother going interstate

T

TdoggBulldog

the sydney games are different to the nth qld games. because the trouble makers wouldnt even bother going interstate
i've been to syd games... only ever had problems at nth qld games...

from cowboys supporters.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clip doesnt show anything

Apart from the Ayri bil Yahood chants, they arnt doing much except just celebrating a victory. They didnt hurt anyone, or cause alot of trouble.
See this is the other side that i wana hear about: These questions arnt an attack, just enquiring about your thoughts:
*Weve established that the flag is wrong*

1) Does this send out a good image about 1) the club and 2) the people? (hence is the profile of the club maintained or damaged?)
2) Is it right that a group should be speaking in foriegn languages in a riot style formation, much less singing about the destruction of a race/state?
3) Is it intimidating to anyone passing by leaving the game (be they alone, with a girlfriend or with the family?)
4) Can this, or has this frenzied rush of overemotion ever lead to destruction or negative behaviour be it on trains or elsewhere??

OR
Are we reading too much into this and let kids be kids they create some fun and hopefully in a few generations they will be more mature?

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
lol they wont even bother going to a stadium other than telstra lol..

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
See this is the other side that i wana hear about: These questions arnt an attack, just enquiring about your thoughts:
*Weve established that the flag is wrong*

1) Does this send out a good image about 1) the club and 2) the people? (hence is the profile of the club maintained or damaged?)
-

I don't think this does much as there were also quite a few anglos in the group cheering the bulldogs on. in fact the person in the heart of it leading the cheers was an anglo man in his late 40's - 50s

2) Is it right that a group should be speaking in foriegn languages in a riot style formation, much less singing about the destruction of a race/state?
They should not be speaking in arabic at all. It's stupid and shows nothing but an uncivilised group of youths being dumb. When they were cheering on the Bulldogs in english, everyone joined in and had fun.

3) Is it intimidating to anyone passing by leaving the game (be they alone, with a girlfriend or with the family?)
IMO, no. simply because there were heaps of rabbits supporters who came right into it and tried taunting us and trying to add to the atmosphere. Just being smart-asses but they werent starting trouble. A guy with his 3 young kids (under the age of 5) were acting smart to the group. So was a guy with his gf. We merely replied with 'go back to redfern' and stuff. and 'rabbitohs rabbitohs who the **** are rabbitohs' but that was probably the worst thing anyone said.

4) Can this, or has this frenzied rush of overemotion ever lead to destruction or negative behaviour be it on trains or elsewhere??
Hardly. Like sort of, but nothing to the extent of before. I know some young **** who were punching out the lights of the train. I told them off hard core and made them sit down. one acted like a smart ass but I gave it to him too lol . But nothing too extreme..

OR
Are we reading too much into this and let kids be kids they create some fun and hopefully in a few generations they will be more mature?
Yes we are lol

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All depends on how they act. The clapping and cheering part, and chanting Bulldogs is no big deal. We just smashed the Souths, so they're entitled to a celebration

2) Is it right that a group should be speaking in foriegn languages in a riot style formation, much less singing about the destruction of a race?
Speaking in any language other than English isnt acceptable, let alone what they were saying.

I was there, and saw people walking towards them. They wanted to watch

If people are intimidated by a bunch of kids celebrating a victory, there isnt much we can do. You cant please everyone

It can, but we cant control how people celebrate after a victory. If we're going to do that, then whats next?
No cheering when we score a try
No talking at games

The good news is nothing happend afterwards

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true 1/2 and GB... Very vaild points made by all.

So in your opinion we have gone a great way in dealing with the problems. Dogs supporters are now more aware of the negative impacts their actions have led to for the club and themsleves, and this is just a extatic group of excited youths celebrating an excellent game...
Gone a bit far with the flag and Foriegn chants but all in all not bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.