Has our club got a profile problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben Godberts

the army is killing em there scaring everyone towards the halfway line crowding seats

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Very true 1/2 and GB... Very vaild points made by all.

So in your opinion we have gone a great way in dealing with the problems. Dogs supporters are now more aware of the negative impacts their actions have led to for the club and themsleves, and this is just a extatic group of excited youths celebrating an excellent game...
Gone a bit far with the flag and Foriegn chants but all in all not bad...
It's ¾!!!!!!!!!! lol

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to both Dragons/Sharks and bulldogs/souths games and the intensity was electric at the bulldogs game hands down. I dont think the drums have anything to do with it to be honest i think its our supporters who are really passionate about their team and want success as much as the players do..

In saying that... the drums in my opinion are not my cup of tea.. i mean yeah they give abit of atmosphere to the game but it can get very repetitive and annoying. I am all for an "official drum group" endorsed by the bulldogs.. that would be great, but when every tom **** and harry brings their drum in its ****. Thats just my opinion

I noticed a leb flag at the game also.. i thought that was pretty stupid.. i mean why bring a national flag at a footy game is beyond me.

Us dogs fans may not find that clip offending or threatening but other away fans would which is what dogs and nrl management are worried about..

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is what happened.
But dude lets get into the nitty gritty more.
What measures -if any- can we (and the club) implement to reduce this?
Is the Drums (as good as they are atmosphere wise) the cause for this?
( tbh i dont even know if this rant is applicable or in tune with this convo but here goes lol)

the brutal truth is that drums or no drums, noise does not create racial tension.
they may symobolise to other a lebanese tradition. bt drums appear in
MANY other countries.

DB unless you somehow take the brains of people and wipe out the existing racial preconceptions and tension, there is nothing that is going to happen.
tools will be tool sand with their mates they will be even toolier....no matter what their race.

as a club, im at wits end to think about what else they could do. its a football game not a nazi camp....any more restrictions are not needed..only the EXISTING rules to be enforced stronger.

my opinion?..make all the ****s who act hard get seperated into seperate corners of the stadium and sit in the "time out stool" :p

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont see any reason why the drums should be removed... i know there is a lot of lebanese/arab culture associated with the bulldogs but thats expected since canterbury/bankstown is known to be highly populated with them.. at the end of the day as long as theres no real threat or harm associated with it then it shouldnt be a problem at all. One things for sure, the drums definitely help our club stand out compared to other clubs.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an aussie I can see where peoples intimidation factors come into the equation. Leaving a game you could easily feel intimidated by the massive group of mainly arab guys and girls dancing and playing drums etc.

In a pic up there from the youtube freeze frame it makes me wonder why they have leb flag with them. Like seriously yeah it might be your heritage but you live in Australia now.
i must agree with this one LOL

my friends refuse to come to games with me purely because of the stigma attached to our club/ atmosphere....it can be intimidating .
they dont not believe me when i say there isnt anythign to worry about.

but i woudlnt want our club support to be any different <3
and IMO when you cause trouble it sHOULDNT be done under the doggies name...thats ****s over our club and they ARN"t a real supporter.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
my whole family gets beat up by lebs every single time we go to bulldogs games. i'm fed up of it!

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
the army is killing em there scaring everyone towards the halfway line crowding seats
whats so scary about us in the proper army or "kennel" as it is now known, ask drummerboy that us guys are the most passionate fans and wear our hearts on our sleeves every game, we cheer, chant and support our boys through everything and dont "scrae" people away, if anything we are encouraging people to sit with us and join us and if this happens and we get a good offical supporter group going which has been discussed, id love to see if people think we are still scaring people off.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
whats so scary about us in the proper army or "kennel" as it is now known, ask drummerboy that us guys are the most passionate fans and wear our hearts on our sleeves every game, we cheer, chant and support our boys through everything and dont "scrae" people away, if anything we are encouraging people to sit with us and join us and if this happens and we get a good offical supporter group going which has been discussed, id love to see if people think we are still scaring people off.

You missed this

joking der

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
best way to solve the problem

just punish the club for it, give the dogs the spoon that way all those trouble making sheep head towards other regions like Parramatta or St George

I'm willing to let the bulldogs give up the 2007 season if it will save the clubs future reputation

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im more concerned about the guy in the black and white strip shirt trying to dance... wtf is he wearing and wtf is he doing? (its in the drum bit bts)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
my whole family gets beat up by lebs every single time we go to bulldogs games. i'm fed up of it!
I swear its the eels supporters that stir the dogs supporters first

I seen it with my own eyes and the police didn't make much of an attempt to break it up

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
honestly im as white as they get and from the country!!! hahaha and i dont get intimidated by ANYONE.. i say keep to yourself and dont start trouble and we will all get along fine :grinning:

you army boys all came and sat right with me and my friends at the newcastle/dogs game and we had no probs with yas at all!!! the drums were cool and as for those dam chants... there was 1 in particular that was stuck in my head 4 days!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.