Has Barrett already given up for 2022?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's no top 8 this year for us. You can scrap that immediately. Our season is already done, it's just a matter if we get the wooden spoon or not.
We were never finishing top 8 because we have a bottom 4 spine.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely think he has given up of making any serious dent this year so he is trying to find the best combination for 2023 and that's it. Where we finish on the ladder now is irrelevant. We played last week like a team deserving of the spoon. Melbourne weren't that amazing. They scored a couple of lucky tries. We should have iced at least 1 or 2 and not made some really poor plays in attack. In any event I think Melbourne were at least 18 points better than us on paper.
Trying to find out who and how many get the chop more like it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is useless and has no idea … kinda like his players !!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did Barrett learn about Avo and Wakeham in the last 2 games that he didn’t learn from the last 2 years?
That neither can handle week in week out footy in the NRL. After round one, everyone was talking Avo up but come round two, he had nothing. Avo and Wakeham are not consistent enough, simple. Barrett over the past 2 years has given them both every opportunity to cement their spot and let's face it both showed glimpses of potential. They both entered in the 3-2-1's at times. After the first four rounds this year, simply Barrett has had enough because he doesn't know what he is getting.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did we really expect anything different from a coach who when eh failed at manly put the blame on the club for not having enough chairs in the players lunch room?

The guy is a myth created by gould and the sooner he goes and is replaced by a real coach like Flanagan or Green the better

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's no top 8 this year for us. You can scrap that immediately. Our season is already done, it's just a matter if we get the wooden spoon or not. Unless the club sacks Baz and brings in Shane Flanagan (which they won't do during the season anyways). Then maybe we can finish a little higher up the table.
Shane flanagan will never happen. Too many ego’s already with phil gould at the club. They would clash. The only established experienced coach i would personally bring in is John Morris from the Rabbits. But I believe it might be Cameron ciraldo due to ties with gus and the penny players we have.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If I was Barrett I would sue Brown for the slap as it has obviously caused undiagnosed brain damage

1649224928883.png

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Shane flanagan will never happen. Too many ego’s already with phil gould at the club. They would clash. The only established experienced coach i would personally bring in is John Morris from the Rabbits. But I believe it might be Cameron ciraldo due to ties with gus and the penny players we have.
You do know that Gould and SFlanagan are neighbours in the Shire and catch up regularly?

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You do know that Gould and SFlanagan are neighbours in the Shire and catch up regularly?

Always a Bulldog
Maybe because his son plays for the team? I still dont see it working nor do i want to see it happen. Drug cheat and broke serious laws in the nrl twice. Really great role model he is to our young crop of blokes in our team that need a bit of leadership.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Interesting… “hey Flanno, Trent may well be keeping the seat warm for you over the next few weeks, keep your phone off silent”

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No way has he given up,too many people on here forget he will be out of a job by seasons end if he can't get improvement out of the team. Does he have all the answers, pretty obvious he doesn't but he needs to try something. Maybe flanagan's time in reggies has done the trick and his form may improve. Is Barrett the man to lead us out of the shit,I don't know,but I'm sure he knows if he can't get the team going in the right direction pretty quick he will be going out the door backwards.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a stupid post. The other halves have been shit and he is using the other option from the second grade team. He wants to win. What players they have used haven’t done the job

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There's no top 8 this year for us. You can scrap that immediately. Our season is already done, it's just a matter if we get the wooden spoon or not. Unless the club sacks Baz and brings in Shane Flanaga. (which they won't do during the season anyways). Then maybe we can finish a little higher up the table.
Yes...just changing coach will be enough. Why didnt they think of that?