Has anyone ever repaired a

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know has anyone ever repaired the screen on an s3 or s4 before. Just got kit sent out today to tinker with, was wondering if it is a major pain in the ass, or certain tricks u need to know
Cheers

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;NyImATX1ugc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyImATX1ugc[/video]

Hope this helps!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just be careful with the digitiser like most other phones these days lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Repaired one for work. Absolute prick of a thing to work with.

S3 - buffer between glass and screen
S4 - no buffer, screen flat to device.

This was an S3 I was trying to repair. Never again. I've heard the S4's are even worse.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I've fixed my s3 screen twice (don't fall for the bs that you have to spend $300 on a whole new display).

First time I went mcguyver with a hair dryer, Stanley knife and guitar picks, second time the screen came with purpose made tools.

I had success both times, main thing is say is watch the thin ribbon that connects the back/menu button down bottom of the screen, that would be easy to break.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys found an easy way I gave it to the Mrs and said good luck

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Repaired one for work. Absolute prick of a thing to work with.

S3 - buffer between glass and screen
S4 - no buffer, screen flat to device.

This was an S3 I was trying to repair. Never again. I've heard the S4's are even worse.
The cheeky bitch got it done in less than two hours also replaced the camera from another s3

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't tried an s3/4 yet. Replaced the Mrs screen and home button several times on the iPhone 3gs. Was a bit difficult at first but a hairdryer and a little time gets it there.

She wanted me to fix her sisters iPhone 4 screen. Looked at the videos. For someone who knows what they are doing it takes a few hours. With the 3gs you remove some screws, pull the front off then use a hair dryer to separate the screen and the digitiser. With the 4 you have to start from the back and remove every small component before you can get to the screen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't tried an s3/4 yet. Replaced the Mrs screen and home button several times on the iPhone 3gs. Was a bit difficult at first but a hairdryer and a little time gets it there.

She wanted me to fix her sisters iPhone 4 screen. Looked at the videos. For someone who knows what they are doing it takes a few hours. With the 3gs you remove some screws, pull the front off then use a hair dryer to separate the screen and the digitiser. With the 4 you have to start from the back and remove every small component before you can get to the screen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
If you need iPhone 4-5 series screens or w/e repaired my brother does them in like 30 mins max lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you need iPhone 4-5 series screens or w/e repaired my brother does them in like 30 mins max lol
Nice. I watched the video once and went "screw that, tell her to buy a Samsung"

Status
Not open for further replies.