News Hansen’s belated Belmore bow

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't we been in a bubble with NZ for over a month already? Gees I hope we're not paying this bloke much coin as we are hardly a priority of his. Does he know anything about rugby league? Or it's all about culture? So we are still devoid of that elusive Bulldog DNA? I blame covid, the rule changes, V'landys, and climate change.
Love the horse fondler tag....
Can't wait till he walks through the door and shares his infinite wisdom.
The last vaunted Kiwi to grace us was Raelene. The office staff can't wait for this bloke. Give me a break.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's Thursday night. He should have arrived. Any sightings yet lol?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm Steve Hanson is at our Leagues club as we speak talking footy with Bulldogs staffers.

Hopefully he instills some belief in the team and amongst individuals.. his link to the club can only be positive despite some of the sh!t we have to read on here, the blokes not a genie granting 3 wishes at a time…

BulldogYeezus

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can confirm Steve Hanson is at our Leagues club as we speak talking footy with Bulldogs staffers.

Hopefully he instills some belief in the team and amongst individuals.. his link to the club can only be positive despite some of the sh!t we have to read on here, the blokes not a genie granting 3 wishes at a time…
True, he's no Gus Gould

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get positive

I think he has timed his arrival perfectly - if we were ever going to turn this year around now is the perfect opportunity to create momentum.

I know the players are confident of beating Saints this week - we should all try to get to this game and hopefully the boys will give us something to cheer about.

I was at the Titans game a few weeks ago and there was a huge number of Dogs supporters in the crowd. When the Bulldog chant started it was as loud as I have heard since I can't remember - beside the fact it gave me goosebumps, the response from the players was fantastic to watch. There were visibly excited and for some of the poor buggers it was probably the first time they had heard so much support from the crowd.

Hate to add one negative comment, however we all know what happened next when Katoa and Elliot fell off in defence and the Titans waltzed through and take the game.

Some of the reasons I think we will finally turn the corner are

1. Despite the score, some positive signs in our game against Penrith and long periods of time against both the Titans and Canberra where we were more than matching the opposition.
2. A very winnable game against Saints first up
3. We have players coming back from injury starting this week - This will be the first game JMK is actually fit and he will improve the ruck, especially in defence.
4. A much easier draw for the remainder of the year
5. The tougher games are against sides during origin
6. Do or die time for 3-4 of our team that are off contract and still with a chance of being resigned.
7. Pressure from our lower grades winning games creating competition for spots - no player wants to be negotiating out of reserve grade
8. Once the players feel like they have earnt some respect they will have more belief, remember how to win and start to enjoy the game again

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Gould and Steve Hansen spotted alongside Barry Ward with bulldogs name tags on interesting not sure what event it was

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A bit more wisdom from a sports psychologist could be the icing on the cake.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at the club today supporting business, had no idea this was on though, knew something was brewing when I saw Barry and Hanson among others..
Hindy was there wasn't he? I wouldn't look to far into it