Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Hame Sele

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know none of these are available but we need a pack leader like: Paulo, Leota, Haas, JFH, RCG, Tapine, Solomona, Cottor etc.

This guy is your toiler forward. He isn’t a bad player. But you don’t build your club around him. You need a meter eater and someone that will elevate the other middles and hold them accountable. Even fonua-Blake had a big game last week. Literally ran through us. And it is a repeating thing happening week in week out. king is obviously injured, tpj puts in 2-3 mins of effort and gets you excited then isn’t seen again for 25 mins.

I’m not sure what is available and where. But I am confident in Gould finding what is needed. We won’t be a top 5 team without a strong engine room and without a 1 and 7. When you have those positions filled you can throw a Goodwin on the wing and he’ll get you 21 try’s in a season.
Guler and him would be handy

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I’d rather we went after a big fish to lead our pack but hel be good to have in the squad provided we don’t pay overs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
D Saifiti ran for 160m on the weekend. No where near ‘TPJ level of bad’
And TPJ did this or nearly this ~6 times last year so what's your point exactly? 1 good game erases 2 years? D. Saifiti makes 2.57 metres per minute this year, TPJ 2.48. Not a big difference. Signing D. Saifiti would be very uninspiring.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And TPJ did this or nearly this ~6 times last year so what's your point exactly? 1 good game erases 2 years? D. Saifiti makes 2.57 metres per minute this year, TPJ 2.48. Not a big difference. Signing D. Saifiti would be very uninspiring.
At his best, he's rep calibre. We need size.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery and maybe we'd be able to extract the best out of him. Gamble absolutely worth taking imo.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know none of these are available but we need a pack leader like: Paulo, Leota, Haas, JFH, RCG, Tapine, Solomona, Cottor etc.

This guy is your toiler forward. He isn’t a bad player. But you don’t build your club around him. You need a meter eater and someone that will elevate the other middles and hold them accountable. Even fonua-Blake had a big game last week. Literally ran through us. And it is a repeating thing happening week in week out. king is obviously injured, tpj puts in 2-3 mins of effort and gets you excited then isn’t seen again for 25 mins.

I’m not sure what is available and where. But I am confident in Gould finding what is needed. We won’t be a top 5 team without a strong engine room and without a 1 and 7. When you have those positions filled you can throw a Goodwin on the wing and he’ll get you 21 try’s in a season.
True he isn’t the alpha prop we need but we need more than one middle forward. Sele will be a good signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At his best, he's rep calibre. We need size.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery and maybe we'd be able to extract the best out of him. Gamble absolutely worth taking imo.
TPJ's rep level at his best. Our roster, especially middle forwards, is missing marquees. That's what we need.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TPJ's rep level at his best. Our roster, especially middle forwards, is missing marquees. That's what we need.
D Saf is definitely a marquee forward

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
defs not, a marquee middle is a high quality to elite prop.
Starting blues prop two seasons ago and was dominant during that series and the one before. He’s Quality. Newcastle in general had a poor year last year. No players were performing well for them hence the down year for Saf

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is so true.

This guy wouldn’t be too bad as a benchie (if it means it keeps out the Waddells, Edwards, tanners etc). But he would have to be heaps cheap. We need a 140m+ 35 tackle prop.
Err don't think he is either of those..has started at prop their last 5 games.
Not exactly a monster at 182cm/102kgs.
Probably not too expensive but unsure on worth.