News HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD ITS A MIRACLE !!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, he’s not the best. But there’s no doubt Ciraldo’s coaching and Mahoney’s over-management have had a negative impact on his game.
You also said Barrett ‘mis-managed’ him.
Kyle doesn’t need to take any responsibility?
A bit of a victim mentality…
I don’t necessarily want to join the pile-on and I try to support our players but enough is enough - 2 1/4 seasons and not much to show for it…

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You also said Barrett ‘mis-managed’ him.
Kyle doesn’t need to take any responsibility?
A bit of a victim mentality…
I don’t necessarily want to join the pile-on and I try to support our players but enough is enough - 2 1/4 seasons and not much to show for it…
Barrett compared him to Nathan Cleary before he’d even pulled on our jumper, dropped him after a handful of games, allowed him to front a presser after getting hooked in front of his old man and then repeatedly kept his hand in the media by naming him in the team numerous times only to end up not playing him. You don’t consider this to be bad management?

Yes, of course sone responsibility rests on his shoulders too, but the coach who actually showed faith in him got the best results out of him. That is no coincidence.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% gone team list out hahahahhaha @Flanagun hahahhahahahha
Where’s Oloapu though?

Flanagan will probably be back in a week or two as soon as Joshy pulls a hammy. In the meantime I’m sure JR will be a ready made alternate scapegoat for you guys.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see him gone, although hoping Reynolds won’t start, in a team missing plenty of players the last thing we need is an off his head Reynolds out there running out of the line and doing general dumb shit with no older heads out there to tell him to pull his in

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wooooohoooooooo laters failgoneeee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Normal people" criticise players and champion others all the time on here. You only take issue with me because you don't agree with my choice of players to champion or bag. What you're essentially saying is I should abandon my opinions and fall in line, yes?
Oh bugger, you’re wrong again.

Most people couldn’t care less about who you want to champion or bag out, it’s the going on and on about it, the trolling, the incessant need to answer every comment with baiting type reply’s, it’s the high jacking of every thread with the same BS comments over and over that people object to, I’m sure most people think your a pretty good bloke, they just wish you’d have your say then give it a rest.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh bugger, you’re wrong again.

Most people couldn’t care less about who you want to champion or bag out, it’s the going on and on about it, the trolling, the incessant need to answer every comment with baiting type reply’s, it’s the high jacking of every thread with the same BS comments over and over that people object to, I’m sure most people think your a pretty good bloke, they just wish you’d have your say then give it a rest.
Yes, they want me to give It a rest. That explains the countless tags bringing me into conversations I was not previously participating in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett compared him to Nathan Cleary before he’d even pulled on our jumper, dropped him after a handful of games, allowed him to front a presser after getting hooked in front of his old man and then repeatedly kept his hand in the media by naming him in the team numerous times only to end up not playing him. You don’t consider this to be bad management?

Yes, of course sone responsibility rests on his shoulders too, but the coach who actually showed faith in him got the best results out of him. That is no coincidence.
Silly of Barrett to compare him to anyone, yes.
He dropped him after about 9 games in 2021, it wasn’t a rash decision. The coach doesn’t control which players speak to the media, so you’ll need to blame someone else there, maybe Dave Townsend (who’s since left the club). Wait - did I somehow defend Baz?? And assume your last comment refers to Harry. Whilst we went ‘better’ post Baz we were hardly ‘great’ and Harry is still our attacking coach with our attack quite questionable. You’re saying that Ciro is overruling Harry like Baz did and that’s the root of the problem? Nope, I think it’s the lack of a playmaker who was worn 7 for most of that time - and just as the Sharts and Chooks figured out, Kyle has a very low ceiling…

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Matt Burton at 7 Josh Reynolds at 6...
I'm not complaining :|
PR stunt plays the first 20.

KO comes on.

PR stunt then gives Mahoney a breather during the game.

That's how I'd call it.

PS I'll even take it further.... next week KO will start and Brown comes in for PR stunt.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Silly of Barrett to compare him to anyone, yes.
He dropped him after about 9 games in 2021, it wasn’t a rash decision. The coach doesn’t control which players speak to the media, so you’ll need to blame someone else there, maybe Dave Townsend (who’s since left the club). Wait - did I somehow defend Baz?? And assume your last comment refers to Harry. Whilst we went ‘better’ post Baz we were hardly ‘great’ and Harry is still our attacking coach with our attack quite questionable. You’re saying that Ciro is overruling Harry like Baz did and that’s the root of the problem? Nope, I think it’s the lack of a playmaker who was worn 7 for most of that time - and just as the Sharts and Chooks figured out, Kyle has a very low ceiling…
Yes I think Ciraldo is overruling Potter. It's obvious the team was playing with a lot more freedom last year. You can say Flano is the sole problem all you like, but there's no denying that both he and the team were playing better footy last year. Ciraldo has come in with all these confused ideas of who should be running the team. First he wanted Reed to run it because he didn't trust his halfback... then when that didn't work he moved Burton to halfback because he didn't trust Flano. Whether Flano is a quality NRL 7 or not is irrelevant (we both know he is not). The best way to get the best possible results out of the team is to just show confidence in your spine players' abilities to perform their own roles.

It will be interesting to see what improvement the team makes (if any) now Flanagun is out of the team. I guess the coming weeks will show whether it is my theory or yours which is on the money.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I think Ciraldo is overruling Potter. It's obvious the team was playing with a lot more freedom last year. You can say Flano is the sole problem all you like, but there's no denying that both he and the team were playing better footy last year. Ciraldo has come in with all these confused ideas of who should be running the team. First he wanted Reed to run it because he didn't trust his halfback... then when that didn't work he moved Burton to halfback because he didn't trust Flano. Whether Flano is a quality NRL 7 or not is irrelevant (we both know he is not). The best way to get the best possible results out of the team is to just show confidence in your spine players' abilities to perform their own roles.

It will be interesting to see what improvement the team makes (if any) now Flanagun is out of the team. I guess the coming weeks will show whether it is my theory or yours which is on the money.
I said this before,
" You cannot flat Flanos commitment or defensive efforts but I have always felt there were games we could have won with a more
attacking No 7..."

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I never once said Kyle was the ‘sole’ problem.
I said it’s hard to keep backing him when he’s consistently shown little and not just at Belmore. Maybe Ciro, Reed and Burto are underperforming because someone isn’t carrying their weight? I wonder if Kyle regrets buying coffee for Ciro last November?

And, for the record I don’t think Reynolds will help us much. I’ve said more than once he can’t play 80 and actually doesn’t belong in a 2023 Top 30. I even agreed with you as I recall that Kyle was the best of a bad bunch to play half before the season kicked off when some were praising Grub for scoring during a trial. But we’re now 3-5, we’ve copped 2 hidings in the past 3 weeks and yes, whilst injuries have hurt they are mostly forwards and don’t say much for our lack of attack. That’s led to inevitable change and Kyle has to wear that having worn 7 most of that time.