News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All of that goes out the window when another club offers 200-300k more a year. Clearly Luai was after the most money. Money was the biggest factor. I'm glad we didn't sign him for that price. He's not worth $1.2 million - $1.3 million for 5 years. That makes him pretty much the highest paid player in the comp.
He isn't even worth $1m a season. Let's say we offered him $1m a year. Over 5 years thats an extra $1m in Luai's pocket, by signing with Tigers.
As if it was even worth fighting for.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok checking in with some of my insiders soon to find out exactly what the hell happened but early info recieved is that this is one of our biggest signing bungles in history and just another to add to the list for recent history
You have no insiders. You were wrong with your comments about Ben Hunt and you were wrong about Luai. The only bungle is you pretending to have inside information

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its hard to tell these days, the kids have so many different meanings for different acronims. for example it could mean;

# FW > FEELING WELL
# FW > FUNNY WALLY
# FW > FULL WITTY
# FW > FART WAGON
# FW > FROZEN WILLY

These crazy kids have so many even some nasty ones like FUCKEN WANKER, FUCKWIT, or even FUCKTARD WOMBAT.. I suppose you could just pick one that you feel suits?
Id say your FAIRLY WISE and not FULLY WRONG!

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok checking in with some of my insiders soon to find out exactly what the hell happened but early info recieved is that this is one of our biggest signing bungles in history and just another to add to the list for recent history
I’m checking in on my insiders at Tattersals to see why my numbers didn’t come up as expected last Saturday night

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He isn't even worth $1m a season. Let's say we offered him $1m a year. Over 5 years thats an extra $1m in Luai's pocket, by signing with Tigers.
As if it was even worth fighting for.
Luai definitely worth 700-800k on the old salary cap. With the salary cap increase you could make an argument he's worth 1m. 1.2m is overs but that's what a team like Tiger has to pay.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can I even say my opinion on Gus after this or would it be ‘trolling’ because it’s probably different to everyone else’s and might appear negative? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
It wouldn't be trolling because you are always negative, glass half empty type.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tiger had the mega dud Brooks on 900k to 1mil. Luai on 1.3 is a bargain compared to their disastrous business in the past.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If anyone watched some Tiger games during the year you will see why they paid overs for Luai. They were fucking clueless in attack.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Signing Luai only ever made sense for us if the plan was to play him at 5/8 and shift Burton to the centres, or trade Burton back to the Panthers. Putting Luai and Burton together in the halves was never going to work. On top of that, it never made sense for us to spend as much as Laui wanted on a 6 or 7.

The only teams Luai made sense for that could afford him were Tigers and Dragons - Tigers because they already have a decent pack and need Luai's attack, and Dragons because they could put Luai and Hunt together.

In the end sanity has prevailed for us. Keep the dollars for a top line prop in 2025 and one or two others (e.g. Klemmer) that come onto the market this year.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s finally official, we’re not ruined by paying huge overs for this wanker! Lmao at the clowns on other forums that are raving about this signing for Wests. Hahaha so many dumb carnts out there.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking complete sarcasm and then the fucker says exactly what I said he would ahahahHaha what a clown hahahahahahahahahahzhahhahzhznzhznhzhzhnznz

Status
Not open for further replies.