News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has signed hasn’t he dreaming…he will def be a bulldog and u will be saluted because u predicted his signing back in October…u have zero credibility on this forum
Sorry Mate, love your optimism, but he has gone to Tigers.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know sfa but I’ve always thought that he signs Dogs, I think he agreed before xmas and now his 7 percenter will be getting tpa’s signed.
Sorry to burst your bubble- he is not cuming to dogs

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The most likely scenario is Luai flopping at halfback and the 50 set backs that comes with that. The odds are out of our favour don’t think Gus will risk it.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most likely scenario is Luai flopping at halfback and the 50 set backs that comes with that. The odds are out of our favour don’t think Gus will risk it.
Let’s demonise Romey because he did not cum

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol but he did right? Unless he was going to play Luai at 6 here. If you believe the stories, we were right in the running for him

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Source: Foxsports

Jarome Luai looks poised to confirm his switch to the Wests Tigers after the Penrith Panthers reportedly waived the 10-day cooling off period.

Luai has been absent from Panthers training after informing teammates that the 2024 season would be his last, expected to join Benji Marshall at the Tigers on a monster five-year, $6 million deal.

Under the new contracting rules in the CBA, there is a 10-day cooling off period after a player receives an offer they’d be willing to accept from another club.

That gives the player’s former club the chance to negotiate and potentially up their offer if they would like. Those 10 days also gives the player the option to change his mind if he wants to.

That period, which began on December 16, came and went without any confirmation of a move from Luai.

On Tuesday, however, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the Panthers, who tabled a three-year deal worth $2.5 million, waived their right to the cooling off period.

The Bulldogs were the only other team in the hunt for Luai’s signature but it is understood their offer was about $750,000 less than that of the Tigers.

That was after The Daily Telegraph reported interim Tigers CEO Shane Richardson upped what they were willing to offer Luai to $1.2 million over five years.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I’m being sarcastic and quoting clown 04 post from back in October when he said the deal was done even though it’s evident that the deal has not being done
Oh ok. Onward and upward

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bullet dodged.

We sign him on the massive $$ he was looking for and got from the Tigers and we become that club which overlays and underperforms.

In other words, we become Man United and I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It comes as no surprise that Luai milked this for all its worth to drag it out and get as much attention as possible. The only thing he loves more than money is himself. He's a talented player but I'm glad he's at the Tigers and not with us. Especially for that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.