Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If gus offers more money abit he might choose us to play with his mates

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but will gus up the offer
Well if our current offer is 1.05M..It would only be a 250k increase over the course of 5yrs..
Definitely not out of the question.
I think the question is..where is the proof we have even offered 1.05M over 5yrs?
Gus has said he won’t pursue someone til they say they are leaving their current club..and Luai only said that 2 days ago

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need him to unlock Kikau and Crichton because Burton's just going to keep giving them poopy ball
Not t for that kind of money over five years , it’s a cap killer. And the first average game he has you would crucify Gus for signing him on a big money long term deal. We just finished getting rid of all the flops that came to the dogs for an extended pay day I don’t want to go back there, do you?

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you are asking @maroondog72 but IMHO I don’t think any prop is worth $1mil per season unless it’s less than 3 years. JT proved that how $million form only lasted a couple of years, and he is more like a $500-600k value player now that his minutes and metres have dropped.

AFB is cashing in on the lack of available big men that consistently deliver and move their teams forward. We desperately need a couple of genuine big boppers, but we are on the nose and both he and his manager know it.
Lol sorry baz didn’t see the tag I just posted pretty much the same reply in a condensed version………because I am a lazy cahunt :tearsofjoy:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not t for that kind of money over five years , it’s a cap killer. And the first average game he has you would crucify Gus for signing him on a big money long deal. We just finished getting rid of all the flops that came to the dogs for an extended pay day I don’t want to go back there, do you?
Not at anywhere near that money. He is a good player currently playing in a great team.

He isn’t the chief playmaker we need. He is a $800k-$850k player at best imo.

Signing Luai on $1.2m from a cap management point of view. Would be gross incompetence from our recruitment team. It is gross incompetence from any club signing him on that amount. He isn’t worth that much.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Sexton he goes ok and will only improve.
I agree. No superstar but he showed in a handful of games he was more a 7 than Flange ever will be. A full pre-season, more experience in the top grade and as long as he stays confident he could be the closest thing we’ve had to a decent 7 since Hodko given since then we had the likes of Mbye, Frawley and Lewis.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not at anywhere near that money. He is a good player currently playing in a great team.

He isn’t the chief playmaker we need. He is a $800k-$850k player at best imo.

Signing Luai on $1.2m from a cap management point of view. Would be gross incompetence from our recruitment team. It is gross incompetence from any club signing him on that amount. He isn’t worth that much.
More than happy for him to go to the tigers for five years on 1.2.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why would the Panthers only offer him a 3 year contract? If they offered him 900k a year for 5 years he would stay I would think.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. No superstar but he showed in a handful of games he was more a 7 than Flange ever will be. A full pre-season, more experience in the top grade and as long as he stays confident he could be the closest thing we’ve had to a decent 7 since Hodko given since then we had the likes of Mbye, Frawley and Lewis.
I agree DD for a halfback coming into an already struggling side without a forward pack, mid season. I thought he went ok. I doubt he will take us to a GF but with a full pre season he will be a good stop gap for a season or two.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not t for that kind of money over five years , it’s a cap killer. And the first average game he has you would crucify Gus for signing him on a big money long term deal. We just finished getting rid of all the flops that came to the dogs for an extended pay day I don’t want to go back there, do you?
What's the alternative? Pay overs for centres to come and play 5/8 because they come slightly cheaper than top tier 5/8s? In sorry but we need NRL proven talent in key positions. Get them in and then start plugging the gaps with youth. We're just repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Ciraldo claim Luai has all the talent in the world to be a top 7 ?. If he really believes that you'd think we'd be willing to go to 1.2M like we likely would have for Hunt. Like someone else mentioned, Ciraldo said we wouldn't put up an offer until Luai confirmed he was leaving so I doubt he even had an offer from us before Friday at least. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't put in our offer til early this week hence why Luai hasn't signed yet or activated the 10 day clause. Hopefully we can offer 1M - 1.1M on the cap and make up the other 100-200K in TPAs.

If the Panthers offered 850K then 1M probably isn't enough to convince him to change. You'd think 1.05M or 1.1M would be the minimum. I'd be comfortable with us offering 1.1M + TPAs as long as we have enough left somewhere to also sign Terrell May. I do agree that Luai is better than Burton. He has a passing game at least and is capable of getting more out of Kikau, Crichton, Burton and the rest of our team. He would also be a motivator. Only way we should not pursue Luai is if we already have agreement from Dearden or Mam which I doubt.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloody hell that's depressing when you did the number 7 roll call of the last decade ffs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the alternative? Pay overs for centres to come and play 5/8 because they come slightly cheaper than top tier 5/8s? In sorry but we need NRL proven talent in key positions. Get them in and then start plugging the gaps with youth. We're just repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
The alternative is exactly what we are doing now, building from the ground up slowly
And not panic buying players on ridiculous money like we have in the past, Now I know you won’t like that answer and we are going to have another ordinary year next season but we will be better than this season . So saddle up princess you aren’t going to get the quick success you are after, it it will come eventually. On a positive note you will have plenty to bitch about for another season or two.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.