Gus targets 1 + 7?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Hunt is too old for us - 32. I think a better choice would be Scott Drinkwater who is 25. Might be cheaper option too. We need some talent but not when they are getting too old though. Drinkwater can play Fullback or in the Halves which he showed last night he has experience at.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say S. Crichton and Hunt most likely at this stage. I still want 2/3 of Munster, S. Crichton and Haas. There's little to no point talking about Moses and Drinkwater, they aren't going to leave their respective clubs. Dragons were in contention for the 8 for most of the season with a spine of Ramsey, Amone, Hunt and McCullough. S. Crichton, Burton, Hunt and Mahoney shits on that spine. We all know we need to do something big to progress and Gus will be able to deliver a couple of players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Drinkwater, surely he want to play fullback and not 6.
He's filling in 6 because Dearden's injured. Hammer's not a good fullback so he doesn't have competition with him either.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Campbell is hardly an upgrade on Averillo. He is a puny fellow and appears to be OK when he has a bit of space.
However, he is not a long tern fullback. Averillo is not the answer, but it's about all we have ATM.
Crichton appears to be the best alternative, but he will want big dollars.
Common Speedy W.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way we have seen Gus conduct his business since being with us, I find it very hard to believe that he would openly blab about his targets.

For mine, he is almost certainly creating a smoke screen for his real targets in these positions but I don't know who.

However, now that the Roosters seem to have their Prop rotation sorted & how obvious it is that we are so light in the front row there is only one target.

IMO Payne Haas will be with us in 2023.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reuben Garrick has one more year at Eagles. Probably preferred position is #1 but he is no chance with Turbo there. I think he is a solid player and could get him at a good price so we can go harder on a #7

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say S. Crichton and Hunt most likely at this stage. I still want 2/3 of Munster, S. Crichton and Haas. There's little to no point talking about Moses and Drinkwater, they aren't going to leave their respective clubs. Dragons were in contention for the 8 for most of the season with a spine of Ramsey, Amone, Hunt and McCullough. S. Crichton, Burton, Hunt and Mahoney shits on that spine. We all know we need to do something big to progress and Gus will be able to deliver a couple of players.
what makes you think moses wouldn’t leave parra?

it’s not like he is a one club player

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dylan Brown. Can play 1, 6 and 7.
Tesi Niu won’t stick around Brisbane.
Hammer a smokie.

And Sullivan.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will end up with Sullivan considering a guy talked with his family and from their own words said so about the release. Give Toia and Averillo this pre season to fight it out for the 1 but if Drinkwater or Latrell are interested for the right price then definitely sign them. We need to target props more than a 1.