Gus targets 1 + 7?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
After hearing him say we need a halfback and fullback and admits to talking with hunt and links to others like Munster, Sullivan, Crichton etc who do you think we are really targeting?

I got a feeling it’s Crichton and hunt we end up with. Hunt seems to be the experienced head that Gus will target like he did Maloney.

Crichton while I don’t mind I am not overly keen on and especially as a 1 but think Gus and cc going to try and if they see something maybe there is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Kennedy (could well end up stuck behind Dykes or not offered enough money from Sharks when he's off contract late next season)

7. Hunt / Sullivan / Trindall (Hunt obviously the best for short term success, but wouldn't mind the other two)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Kennedy (could well end up stuck behind Dykes or not offered enough money from Sharks when he's off contract late next season)

7. Hunt / Sullivan / Trindall (Hunt obviously the best for short term success, but wouldn't mind the other two)
Madden?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We're getting Sullivan and that's it lol. I'd personally move Burton to fullback and find 2 new halves.
Hopefully not. Need an elite signing with one promising. I’d take Sullivan if we land a gun 1.

If we get hunt I’d be over the moon with Campbell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully not. Need an elite signing with one promising. I’d take Sullivan if we land a gun 1.

If we get hunt I’d be over the moon with Campbell.
We aren't, no one is off contract or getting released for next season. JC lol, his output is worse than Jake's and is built like a stick :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watched the Tigers closely the last few weeks, he avoids Douehi alot and goes for the selfish plays a lot. Not a fan of his, would have much preferred O'Sullivan if we were to make a signing like this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watched the Tigers closely the last few weeks, he avoids Douehi alot and goes for the selfish plays a lot. Not a fan of his, would have much preferred O'Sullivan if we were to make a signing like this.
O'Sullivan was def the one to get for sure.

Plays in a great team so thats a big advantage but he is very accomplished and level headed.

A huge pity Gus didn't get him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We aren't, no one is off contract or getting released for next season. JC lol, his output is worse than Jake's and is built like a stick :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I live on the coast and seen his games all year when in team. Electric attack and while he is a stick he actually is tough and hard as fuck for his age/size. He is hard to put down and he puts his body on the line. All things averilo doesn’t do and can’t do.

He’s not anywhere near the top 7-8 fullbacks though he’s galaxy’s above averilo or others we could target. I’d rather him than Crichton and be a lot cheaper.

Would allow us to sign a big name like hunt for 7 and a big money prop like haas or someone.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The halves shortage is crazy, looks at NSW cup team lists this week and see how many washed up forwards were named at 6 lol. Scary times

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I live on the coast and seen his games all year when in team. Electric attack and while he is a stick he actually is tough and hard as fuck for his age/size. He is hard to put down and he puts his body on the line. All things averilo doesn’t do and can’t do.

He’s not anywhere near the top 7-8 fullbacks though he’s galaxy’s above averilo or others we could target. I’d rather him than Crichton and be a lot cheaper.

Would allow us to sign a big name like hunt for 7 and a big money prop like haas or someone.
Na don't rate him at all, has a few headless chooks runs and some nice touches but spends most the time getting absolutely nailed. He isn't any better.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign Crichton to play fullback we've learnt nothing. We've had countless players which we think we can turn into something better or they just need a change of scenery, have any worked out for us. It's time we made serious signings who already play where we need them.

I've got no idea who Gus has in mind, we've signed older halves in the past like Stuart and Noddy but there needs to be a plan for life after the few years they fill a gap.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Campbell is hardly an upgrade on Averillo. He is a puny fellow and appears to be OK when he has a bit of space.
However, he is not a long tern fullback. Averillo is not the answer, but it's about all we have ATM.
Crichton appears to be the best alternative, but he will want big dollars.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Campbell is hardly an upgrade on Averillo. He is a puny fellow and appears to be OK when he has a bit of space.
However, he is not a long tern fullback. Averillo is not the answer, but it's about all we have ATM.
Crichton appears to be the best alternative, but he will want big dollars.
Again I would rather Campbell on 1/3rd whatever Crichton would take and is a risk.

He’s a good player and could be a great centre for us though I think a 7 and 1 and prop is a must for us.

No big money centre before those 3 are locked!