CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, he doesn't really offer enough imo
I agree but it appears like he's there for the time being. Maybe he had a good preseason.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forwards yet to trial, Brown, Kikau, Patolo and TPJ. I think people should wait before making predictions about the pack. At this stage only Thompson, Kiks, RFM, Mahoney and King are dead set certainties. They played a Canberra NSW Cup side.

Reactions: ATT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Forwards yet to trial, Brown, Kikau, Patolo and TPJ. I think people should wait before making predictions about the pack. At this stage only Thompson, Kiks, RFM, Mahoney and King are dead set certainties. They played a Canberra NSW Cup side.
I'd say Preston is a certainty to make the 17. TPJ will be used as a middle. Even if they start with RFM and Kikau on the edges, Preston is ahead of every other 2nd rower and will be probably chosen on the bench. His form yesterday, him starting and Gus continually saying he's been a standout all preseason are pretty good indications that he's ahead of others in the pecking order.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say Preston is a certainty to make the 17. TPJ will be used as a middle. Even if they start with RFM and Kikau on the edges, Preston is ahead of every other 2nd rower and will be probably chosen on the bench. His form yesterday, him starting and Gus continually saying he's been a standout all preseason are pretty good indications that he's ahead of others in the pecking order.
yeh agree, i reckon they play RFM on a edge to start and the move him in the middle rotations bringing on preston at right edge

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No he can't, no chance at all. We have to defend back to back sets or go through a spell without posession and he becomes a liability. He won't start the year in first grade for the reasons I've mentioned.
That's why I suggested either side of half time, if we have to defend back to back to back in the 15 (20) minutes before half time then he has half time to recover. How long he plays after half time can then be managed. He's simply not going to get NRL intensity in NSW Cup, so spending 50 (60) minutes there will be of no use. The coaching staff will have a far better idea of what he can handle than you or I ever will.

He's an impact player, let him have an impact in NRL games, like Kasiano used to, come on for 10 (15) minutes at a time, lay on a couple of tries and tire the opposition bench players out trying to contain him.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, that's high praise, even ahead of Kikau, impressive.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, that's high praise, even ahead of Kikau, impressive.

Always a Bulldog
Do you want to read that in context maybe?

"Even if they start Kikau and RFM on the edges, Preston is ahead of every OTHER 2nd rower at the club"..

As in, he's ahead of every other 2nd rower aside from Kikau and RFM.

I didn't say he was ahead of EVERY 2nd rower or was the best 2nd rower at the club. It was pretty easy to understand to be honest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's why I suggested either side of half time, if we have to defend back to back to back in the 15 (20) minutes before half time then he has half time to recover. How long he plays after half time can then be managed. He's simply not going to get NRL intensity in NSW Cup, so spending 50 (60) minutes there will be of no use. The coaching staff will have a far better idea of what he can handle than you or I ever will.

He's an impact player, let him have an impact in NRL games, like Kasiano used to, come on for 10 (15) minutes at a time, lay on a couple of tries and tire the opposition bench players out trying to contain him.

Always a Bulldog
They do have a better idea and that's why they will start him in reserve grade. I'll happily say I'm wrong if they don't because what he brings with the ball in hand would be massive for our side.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you want to read that in context maybe?

"Even if they start Kikau and RFM on the edges, Preston is ahead of every OTHER 2nd rower at the club"..

As in, he's ahead of every other 2nd rower aside from Kikau and RFM.

I didn't say he was ahead of EVERY 2nd rower or was the best 2nd rower at the club. It was pretty easy to understand to be honest.
Apologies, that's not how I interpreted it, but I can see how it can be interpreted that way.

Always a Bulldog

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I highly doubt Pele will be in the 17 come round 1 . He did have a good game but he’s had some issues over the pre season and will need to bide his time . He’s also had concussion issues , can be a weapon though if he stays healthy and gets good game time in lower grades .

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion
I’d go with presto over rfm
Rfm needs to play middle

Sutton has sured up the starting lock role
Tpj will come off the bench

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ