Gus strikes again ( Pele and Preston)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Davey doesn't impress me going off this game.
He is an upgrade on waddle.

He isn’t outstanding. Though you need those role players. To me he can be that for us. Takes the run, tackles and covers. Good fitness. Essentially like panthers used soresson.

He had some good runs, big tackles and cover. Fit as fuck. Just a role player.

Solid role player while guys like kikau tpj Thompson should be standing out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

He isn’t outstanding. Though you need those role players. To me he can be that for us. Takes the run, tackles and covers. Good fitness. Essentially like panthers used soresson.

If he keeps Waddles out of FG then I'm all for it my bro

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

At Davey's last 2 clubs he's forced his way into the 17, and even the 13. He will be good back-up/squad player but also wouldn't be surprised if he does more. Waddell dud.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Preston bumped off the first defender on every run, always dragged defenders with him and fell forward for a quick play the ball.

I think he played mainly on the left last year in NSW Cup. Hopefully he's as effective on the right side as Kikau will play on the left and RFM misses games now and then.. So at some stage, Preston will get a start.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Preston was outstanding. Has to be in the 17.

Pele had some good minutes.

Davey looks a decent benchie.

Obviously with the likely pack being king Thompson kikau Rfm tpj

I’d think sutton Davey Preston are locks for the bench. Pele might be the Smokey but thing brown will be there.

Amazed no one touched on the fact Reynolds completely outplayed Flanagan.

Skeleton is huge. Be a good chance to force his way in somewhere looked decent to me.

Mahoney only played like 30? Was best on field.
Think our pack should look like:

8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM

14. Brown/Reynolds
15. TPJ
16. Sutton
17. Pele/Davey

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think our pack should look like:

8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM

14. Brown/Reynolds
15. TPJ
16. Sutton
17. Pele/Davey
Switch Sutton and RFM and I think that would be our best pack/bench later in the season..

A bench of TPJ, RFM and Pele would be insane in terms of impact. I still think RFM is better as a middle.. Preston looks like the second best second rower at the club right now.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both these boys stood up and were impressive today.

Pele might just be the player to share the 80minutes with TPJ.

Preston looks like a left edge player. Would be good if he can play right. Either way if he can perform agin next week against the sharkies he might be a good thing for the 17.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Switch Sutton and RFM and I think that would be our best pack/bench later in the season..

A bench of TPJ, RFM and Pele would be insane in terms of impact. I still think RFM is better as a middle.. Preston looks like the second best second rower at the club right now.
I think you’ve gone of the rails a bit, B train

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you’ve gone of the rails a bit, B train
How's that? RFM is the more proven player right now, but I think he's better in stints off the bench as a middle.

After Kikau and RFM, Preston is the next best 2nd rower at the club. He's ahead of Waddell, Davey etc as he started ahead of them and massively outperformed today and throughout the preseason.

I think later in the season Kikau and Preston will be the first choice 2nd rowers.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How's that? RFM is the more proven player right now, but I think he's better in stints off the bench as a middle.

After Kikau and RFM, Preston is the next best 2nd rower at the club. He's ahead of Waddell, Davey etc as he started ahead of them and massively outperformed today and throughout the preseason.

I think later in the season Kikau and Preston will be the first choice 2nd rowers.
He is a great prospect but, over RFM not atm maybe down the track but definitely should be in the starting 17

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pele needs to start in reserves and build his fitness, bring him into the team after he's done that.
Fitness comes from training not playing, from just what I saw yesterday he can easily do ~30 (or 40) minutes with 15 (or 20) minutes either side of half time. Which is plenty enough considering his impact, albeit half a trail game. Let's see how he goes next weekend.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: