Official Gus on Twitter

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Betting odds had us above Warrior for 2023 before the season started. Fact. Dolphin the same.
@bradyk Correct. It's hard to believe now. Warriors were one of the teams tipped to come 16th. We were tipped to make the 8 or go very close too. We were so over hyped before 2023 started. We bought marquee players. We got new players. We got a coach tipped to be better than Bennett & Gibson. We apparently ripped Penrith apart stealing their real coach. We took what most said was their best forward (proved not to be). We were more widely tipped.

I found the markets before Round 1 betting of 2023.

Bulldogs - Premiership $23, Top 8 $2.10, Most Losses $26.00
Warriors - Premiership $51, Top 8 $5.50, Most Losses $8.00

We started the premiership market at $21.00 according to the article drifting out to $23.00 after the Sharks trial. A lot of markets changed after that game with our betting.

We were originally 8th equal favourites with Manly and Canberra.

Dragons, Warriors and Knights were same odds to win the premierships but with the markets it was Dragons 14, Warriors 15 and Knights 16. Dragons were best backed of those 3 clubs for Top 8 and Most Losses. They were 2nd for Most Losses at $5.00. Dolphins were originally around $2.00 for Most Losses.

Amazingly Wests Tigers were better backed than Warriors and Knights. No surprise better backed than Dolphins. Dragons took a lot of Most Losses and Spoon bets when it became apparent Griffin was deadman walking reading this article.

1710733948624.png

1710733972163.png

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In any case it's a stupid argument to bring up, because these "experts" regularly get it wrong. Polly only does it to shit on the club's administrators, no other reasons, he looks for confirmation bias to shit on the club while Gus is in charge

There's no f*ing way you can say we had a better team than warriors in 2023 (with hindsight), the only reason you'd bring up these "tips" is to shit on the club and it's administrators

Have a read through here mate.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know all that mate, but they also had a defence like a leaky ship. Webster comes in and immediate noticeable difference. We both know it’s only round 2 but it worries me that we are not losing gritty 12-6 or 14-4 games, we are still leaking high twenty’s.

Round 10 will be more than enough time for a pattern to appear.
According to Curran Webster brought the same defensive system to the Warriors as CC brought to us, the same one that Penriff use and which last season they conceded 100 points less than the next best defensive team.

The system obviously works, with sufficient players and team understanding. I think we saw the system working for us in the Parra game when we gave up enough possession to leak 50+ points but ended up with 4 tries against us, with only 1 of them being a proper try. The fear is that with another losing start the team will drop its shoulders and the system will fail again. Confidence is also the reason we are missing opportunities to score. We need to take on the James Maloney memory, forget everything bad that happens within 2 seconds...

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, it was 6-6 at half time and should have been 12-6, and the sharks didn't score again until the 67th minute. Despite similar points differential, we are without a doubt a much better defensive team. We will get there, this team just needs a few more games together to put it all together.
Thank god for the few on here that actually use common sense to rationalize situations and not throw the baby out with the bath water because we get beaten by 2 top 8 teams with superior rosters.
There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we have improved..
Roster wise
Intent wise
Physicality wise
Score lines don’t always reveal the full picture

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Have a read through here mate.
And?

Which part of it's a stupid argument didn't you understand?

Or are you going to sit here and tell us because the "experts" predicted it means that Kyle Flanagan was better than Sean Johnson, that TPJ or Thompson were better than Tohu Harris, or AFB, or Bunty Ofoa, or any of the warriors forwards?

Again, it's a STUPID ARGUMENT

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And?

Or are you going to sit here and tell us because the "experts" predicted it means that Kyle Flanagan was better than Sean Johnson, that TPJ or Thompson were better than Tohu Harris, or AFB, or Bunty Ofoa, or any of the warriors forwards?

You can continue with your name calling of others. The betting markets not controlled by "experts" had us in a much better position than the Warriors heading into the 2023 season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And?

And you're deluded.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can continue with your name calling of others. The betting markets not controlled by "experts" had us in a much better position than the Warriors heading into the 2023 season.

Receipts - "Widely tipped to make the 8"

Experts:

Bulldogs: Enjoyed another busy summer in the player market, with Phil Gould and company belching up egregious amounts of cash in a bid to bury the Trent Barrett years. Now boasting an exciting new lineup lead by rookie coach Cameron Ciraldo, there’s no reason this side can’t elevate as high as 12th.

Fox Lab predicted finish: 15th

We were originally 8th equal favourites with Manly and Canberra.

1710736952334.png

Keep pushing your garbage

Again, predictions/tips mean jack shit, in hindsight you would have to have massive rocks in your head if you're somehow trying to justify that Webster didn't have a better squad to pick from.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still much higher than Warriors in the markets. Widely doesn't mean certainties. We were certainly backed in a lot of areas. More so than the Warriors.

You're the one with the agendas, the name calling and personal abuse. Not me.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still much higher than Warriors in the markets. Widely doesn't mean certainties. We were certainly backed in a lot of areas. More so than the Warriors.

Accurate descriptions of an agenda driven idiot is not name calling, it's purely descriptive words.

This all started with the below post

1710737734099.png

flamebouyant is speaking about warriors squad being better than ours in 2023 (WHICH IT DEFINITELY WAS) but due to your agenda driven garbage, you divert to what the experts thought before a ball was kick, instead of the actual reality that the warriors squad was vastly stronger than ours in 2023.

Ask those same experts now which players they'd keep in a warriors 2023 vs bulldogs 2023 and it would heavily favour the warriors squad.

All you've got is agenda driven garbage against Gus

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Accurate descriptions of an agenda driven idiot is not name calling, it's purely descriptive words.

This all started with the below post

View attachment 104360

flamebouyant is speaking about warriors squad being better than ours in 2023 (WHICH IT DEFINITELY WAS) but due to your agenda driven garbage, you divert to what the experts thought before a ball was kick, instead of the actual reality that the warriors squad was vastly stronger than ours in 2023.

Ask those same experts now which players they'd keep in a warriors 2023 vs bulldogs 2023 and it would heavily favour the warriors squad.

All you've got is agenda driven garbage against Gus
Calling someone an idiot is personal abuse and affecting of ones mental health.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was tipped to do better in 2023 - Bulldogs or Warriors?

I posted up the respective odds.

It seems strange but true. Warriors were more of a mess in 2022 than we were.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who was tipped to do better in 2023 - Bulldogs or Warriors?

I posted up the respective odds.

It seems strange but true. Warriors were more of a mess in 2022 than we were.

So just to confirm your opinion is bulldogs 2023 were a better team than warriors 2023

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’ll still be here, mark his words

You’ve got to be kidding?!? Lol that game has been paused since yesterday. Must be one bad injury stoppage :sweatsmile:

eta: I kept refreshing the page and tried opening a new page, but it never changed from what the screenshot above shows. I thought it would be fixed by today but evi not lol. I went to bulldogs. com. Au also yest but there was no mention of the game yet.
Games still currently up with the video ref looking for anything to take a dogs try away

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hardly the definition of 'widely tipped'

but it doesn't align with your agenda so you padded the truth.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Games still currently up with the video ref looking for anything to take a dogs try away
I still haven’t seen the result. I know we won though so it’s not that important, just irritating lol. I also remembered that Carayannis on ABC radio, was talking about all the losses Tigers and Magpies had on the weekend and the total combined score was something like 260-60. I vaguely recall hearing our SG Ball team won 50-12 or thereabouts but I’m really not sure.