Official Gus on Twitter

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
None of that counts until the combinations are pressure tested and you can't do that at training
A good coach would make it count. Watching some other games and I won't name other teams and give credit to their players but there were some new combinations on display that looked really sharp.
One club lost their supposed best player and looked like their new combinations are an improvement etc...
Practice makes perfect and if you see the GM tell fans "hopefully in the coming months we can't start building some combinations"?

Come on they don't have the next few months to build combinations every loss in this league is absolutely critical and should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good coach would make it count. Watching some other games and I won't name other teams and give credit to their players but there were some new combinations on display that looked really sharp.
One club lost their supposed best player and looked like their new combinations are an improvement etc...
Practice makes perfect and if you see the GM tell fans "hopefully in the coming months we can't start building some combinations"?

Come on they don't have the next few months to build combinations every loss in this league is absolutely critical and should be treated as such.

Last year The Phins had a whole new squad of combinations to build but we were fed the same line week in week out and it was eaten up by the blind on here

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last year The Phins had a whole new squad of combinations to build but we were fed the same line week in week out and it was eaten up by the blind on here
The GM's message to the coach should have been I want you to drag this team kicking and screaming into the top 8 by the end of the season you're getting paid more than most coaches are.
Instead reading the GM's tweet sounded to me like hopefully by round 12 we'll be able to attack a short side and put a few passes together without spilling it.
Sheeeeeeeeesh

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how Gus takes over at these clubs that have been perennial losers for years, spends years there being paid big coin to supposedly twiddle his thumbs contributing nothing, yet after he leaves they all of a sudden become powerhouse clubs & win multiple premierships ..

Happened at Roosters and the Panthers .. pretty sure he did similar at Origin level as well ..

Can anyone explain this weird phenomenon .. ?
I think the club and players are so relived to see the back of him they all unite

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Stuart, with Gould as Coaching Director, won the Premiership in his first year and played in the next 2 Grand Finals. Seems to me like a good decision.

Always a Bulldog
And then Gus was behind Stuart’s sacking. They didn’t speak for years. Gould will destroy Canterbury. Give him time

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s good to have options. I don’t know where that leaves some others if Conti kicks on but it’s a good problem to have hopefully.
Watching highlights I think Woods could move to FB he’s lightning quick for his age.

If all these kids become FG talents it’s going to be interesting how they all fit in at the bulldogs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching highlights I think Woods could move to FB he’s lightning quick for his age.

If all these kids become FG talents it’s going to be interesting how they all fit in at the bulldogs.
Yeah the AFL back ground would definitely help with the running aspect for FB. I guess time will tell. His partnership with Conti is interesting to watch also and might keep him in the halves.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
O'Neill is off contract this year, I'd hate to lose him
Gould needs to get this done instead of signing plodder utilities and busted NSW cup standard props.
If Ciraldo keeps picking Hutchinson and Sexton, O’Neill may explore other options.
Hayward also signed to 25.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dolphins were a very experienced football team compared to us, with 100s of more NRL games (not to mention an infinitely more experienced coach) - we actually started the year pretty well until our team was ravaged by injuries.

Being Berries (and the history that goes with that name) I am interested in your opinion in relation when you can recall a worse year for injuries?

I do read your posts to find some balance, however, they are overwhelmingly negative.

Some may be blind, however, there are others that can't see the forest for the trees.