Official Gus on Twitter

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm more worried about our forward pack after 8-10 games... I think early on they'll be okay.
We're owed some luck. So, being optimistic (perhaps overly), there's no reason why Hughes & Faamausili cannot do a job for us based on 1st trial performances. Maybe even a great one. There's huge upside to Hughes.

Max, fully fit can return to the "Mr reliable" role, and with some extra momentum from our back five, plus some more control from our halves (we saw both in the 1st trial) we could see much-improved field position & possession percentage over previous years. That equals less defence, less fatigue, & more scoring opportunities, which you would think (hope) means at least a few more wins across the season.

We need one more middle to step up (2 or 3 would be better). That could be Knight upping his game (I am not writing him off after one trial) or Morrin (I do not care about this "too small" BS that too many on here carry on about, relentlessly...total crap).

It could be Patolo finally overcoming his injuries to deliver on his potential, or maybe even Jack Todd in the latter parts of the season (looked very good, although more likely a 2025 prospect). Same for Hopoi & Afualo.

Hell, since we're going all positive, Sutton might even make an appearance and fill the role.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're owed some luck. So, being optimistic (perhaps overly), there's no reason why Hughes & Faamausili cannot do a job for us based on 1st trial performances. Maybe even a great one. There's huge upside to Hughes.

Max, fully fit can return to the "Mr reliable" role, and with some extra momentum from our back five, plus some more control from our halves (we saw both in the 1st trial) we could see much-improved field position & possession percentage over previous years. That equals less defence, less fatigue, & more scoring opportunities, which you would think (hope) means at least a few more wins across the season.

We need one more middle to step up (2 or 3 would be better). That could be Knight upping his game (I am not writing him off after one trial) or Morrin (I do not care about this "too small" BS that too many on here carry on about, relentlessly...total crap).

It could be Patolo finally overcoming his injuries to deliver on his potential, or maybe even Jack Todd in the latter parts of the season (looked very good, although more likely a 2025 prospect). Same for Hopoi & Afualo.

Hell, since we're going all positive, Sutton might even make an appearance and fill the role.
I agree with most of your points above, but we need alot to go right for those things to work out.. I think bringing in one more decent prop or nrl ready youngster would make us all feel alot more confident.. and probably help the team feel confident too.. they need to have a bit of toughness/mongrel about them too.. because our front row does lack aggression, even with the pieces we have now all firing.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disappointed. Gus should've just told the truth and not strung me along all preseason in regards to Tracey, if he had I would've accepted Taaffe as our fodder fullback to start the season from the very beginning.

I am also prepared for the losers on here to tag me when Taaffe has a good moment, like I don't know why they think I'd be upset if he has many good moments. Weirdos.
You’ll be getting tagged flat out.. moron.