Official Gus on Twitter

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What you fail to appreciate about Morrin is exactly why I have a lot of respect for players like him. He worked incredibly hard for many years to remain in the squad. He didn't get a run until late in his career. But when he did he impressed many with his intensity.

He'd worked his ass off since he was a kid just to stay in the squad. I'd say he was displayed to the youngsters to show how hard they needed to work. If you put Morrins attitude and will to succeed into a lazy player like TPJ's frame he'd have been a fucking wrecking ball. Unfortunately he was not really the success that he deserved to be.

In the end a lot of players make it due to physical dominance. Some get there through hard work while others can work as hard as they like and never reap the ultimate reward. Morrin didn't set the world on fire in his handful of games. But he didn't disgrace himself either. I know that he deserves some respect for staying on the long road it took him to get to the NRL.

I have a cousin who was touted as a huge prospect at Wests. Unfortunately he's about five and a half feet tall and despite having packed on more muscle at times than seemed healthy, he's slowly slipped further away from his dream. Last time I spoke to him he'd had 9 shoulder surgeries as well as work on both knees aside from the 'assorted' category. But I see similarities between him and Morrin in that they were both giving everything they had to league despite the reality that it wasn't going to give as much back. IMO you have to respect that.
I didn’t say he didn’t work hard but the point is that doesn’t mean he was a good first grader and it isn’t the measure we should be applying to Kurtis or anyone else.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t say he didn’t work hard but the point is that doesn’t mean he was a good first grader and it isn’t the measure we should be applying to Kurtis or anyone else.
I have noticed a huge shift over the last 6 months with a lot of kennel members all of a sudden respecting ‘Honest toilers that work hard’ and ‘good trainers’ as opposed to 2 years back when we had one of the best in the business at this (Tolman) and everyone hated on a ninja.
You see it in unrelated posts when people tack on the end of a point ‘and he is a good trainer’.
That talk never happened until this year.
I know why this has happened since Gus and CC have focused on good trainers and the Kennel mindset is largely sheeplike and hang off Gus’ words but it doesn’t mean this is NrL success as you still need marquee game breakers or it’s back to 2017 style 22-6 score lines. When we had a few honest toilers but couldn’t entertain.
It’s problematic that everyone is getting excited over Morrin who will never be more that depth cover.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed a huge shift over the last 6 months with a lot of kennel members all of a sudden respecting ‘Honest toilers that work hard’ and ‘good trainers’ as opposed to 2 years back when we had one of the best in the business at this (Tolman) and everyone hated on a ninja.
You see it in unrelated posts when people tack on the end of a point ‘and he is a good trainer’.
That talk never happened until this year.
I know why this has happened since Gus and CC have focused on good trainers and the Kennel mindset is largely sheeplike and hang off Gus’ words but it doesn’t mean this is NrL success as you still need marquee game breakers or it’s back to 2017 style 22-6 score lines. When we had a few honest toilers but couldn’t entertain.
It’s problematic that everyone is getting excited over Morrin who will never be more that depth cover.
How about don’t give Gus or CC any time and just sack them and start over. Would that be better?
It’s been 7 years without finals appearances you and the clown crew won’t even wait till 2024 before you want changes.

Just cause we don’t want to change things and start all over again doesn’t makes us sheep like or hang of every word Gus says.

The fact that we are building something is 10x better than we were before.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How about don’t give Gus or CC any time and just sack them and start over. Would that be better?
It’s been 7 years without finals appearances you and the clown crew won’t even wait till 2024 before you want changes.

Just cause we don’t want to change things and start all over again doesn’t makes us sheep like or hang of every word Gus says.

You’ve interpreted what I said as an anti Gus thang
I just said the kennel have been going overboard with worshiping mid players since CC and Gus made a thing of it

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Speak for yourself Baaaaaaa, if Gus leaves I leave :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: .

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Workhorse “no frills” players usually back rowers, have been essential in Rugby League for a long time. We have had plenty. The Queensland origin team contained a number of players of this type. E.G. Wally Fullerton Smith, Gary Larson, Dallas Johnson, and there would be more I can’t think of at this moment.

They are even more important in modern football due to a lot of players you could classify as “Lazy”, E.G. “T Rex”.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just said the kennel have been going overboard with worshiping mid players since CC and Gus made a thing of it
Kerrod Holland??

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How about you see it as we are supporting the club & the process. The players we want don’t want to come here while we are a bottom 4 team. When we are winning and competing for semi finals we will attract the right players & for the right reasons. We are a club offering opportunity for the nrl players who want to progress from top 30 to top 17. We already have 4 top players from premiership winning teams so we aren’t a basket case, Gus just has his process and we as fans don’t all have to agree with it but not for 1 min are we able to do a better job even if you have flange and gun in your name.

Last edited: