Official Gus on Twitter

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morrin may be only around 95kg however he is made of granite and has plenty of old school Bulldog mongrel.

Folksie would have loved him!
For sure, he’d be a regular under Folkes probably coming off the bench for some energy and aggression - Cotter is an origin caliber middle forward around 95kgs also so Morrin should be inspired by this.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
For sure, he’d be a regular under Folkes probably coming off the bench for some energy and aggression - Cotter is an origin caliber middle forward around 95kgs also so Morrin should be inspired by this.
May I ask what we is basing this on?

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I agree.. plenty of talent and hits holes at speed.. hopefully he puts on a little bit more size over this off season.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Go back to the 2000’s and watch some Bulldogs games to understand the character of those players… their lies the answer.
The early 2000s was defined by a monster pack.
Rauhihi, O meley. asitasi, Mason.
There was Grimaldi playing the tolman workhorse role if u mean him? And Reni playing bench utility.
Don’t think that qualifies as small forwards being a folkes coaching trait tho

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was Grimaldi playing the tolman workhorse role if u mean him? And Reni playing bench utility.
A monster pack is nothing without heart, aggression and a coached mentality that typifies this club

Point is, Morrin’s uncle was a light weight playing in the middle and he would run through brick walls.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I am a fan of his already. Compact and low to the ground and you can already see he drives hard with his legs. He will be very handy with a decent pack around him.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not small forwards.
hardworking, big hearted, tough forwards.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A monster pack is nothing without heart, aggression and a coached mentality that typifies this club

Point is, Morrin’s uncle was a light weight playing in the middle and he would run through brick walls.
He was also a perennial reserve grader and only got a look in in 2008, one of the worst NRL teams ever.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I agree.. plenty of talent and hits holes at speed.. hopefully he puts on a little bit more size over this off season.
I just want to him do more of the hard edge running into gaps like in his debut. Built low to the ground hitting edges at speed seems to be where he's best

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was also a perennial reserve grader and only got a look in in 2008, one of the worst NRL teams ever.
What you fail to appreciate about Morrin is exactly why I have a lot of respect for players like him. He worked incredibly hard for many years to remain in the squad. He didn't get a run until late in his career. But when he did he impressed many with his intensity.

He'd worked his ass off since he was a kid just to stay in the squad. I'd say he was displayed to the youngsters to show how hard they needed to work. If you put Morrins attitude and will to succeed into a lazy player like TPJ's frame he'd have been a fucking wrecking ball. Unfortunately he was not really the success that he deserved to be.

In the end a lot of players make it due to physical dominance. Some get there through hard work while others can work as hard as they like and never reap the ultimate reward. Morrin didn't set the world on fire in his handful of games. But he didn't disgrace himself either. I know that he deserves some respect for staying on the long road it took him to get to the NRL.

I have a cousin who was touted as a huge prospect at Wests. Unfortunately he's about five and a half feet tall and despite having packed on more muscle at times than seemed healthy, he's slowly slipped further away from his dream. Last time I spoke to him he'd had 9 shoulder surgeries as well as work on both knees aside from the 'assorted' category. But I see similarities between him and Morrin in that they were both giving everything they had to league despite the reality that it wasn't going to give as much back. IMO you have to respect that.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
grimaldi and tolman didn't play the same game. Grimaldi was focused on cover defence and being involved in quick ball plays. Tolman was a prop who would contribute in defence quite a bit and take a lot of early set hit ups.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What you fail to appreciate about Morrin is exactly why I have a lot of respect for players like him. He worked incredibly hard for many years to remain in the squad. He didn't get a run until late in his career. But when he did he impressed many with his intensity.

He'd worked his ass off since he was a kid just to stay in the squad. I'd say he was displayed to the youngsters to show how hard they needed to work. If you put Morrins attitude and will to succeed into a lazy player like TPJ's frame he'd have been a fucking wrecking ball. Unfortunately he was not really the success that he deserved to be.

In the end a lot of players make it due to physical dominance. Some get there through hard work while others can work as hard as they like and never reap the ultimate reward. Morrin didn't set the world on fire in his handful of games. But he didn't disgrace himself either. I know that he deserves some respect for staying on the long road it took him to get to the NRL.

I have a cousin who was touted as a huge prospect at Wests. Unfortunately he's about five and a half feet tall and despite having packed on more muscle at times than seemed healthy, he's slowly slipped further away from his dream. Last time I spoke to him he'd had 9 shoulder surgeries as well as work on both knees aside from the 'assorted' category. But I see similarities between him and Morrin in that they were both giving everything they had to league despite the reality that it wasn't going to give as much back. IMO you have to respect that.
Yep good point. Every team needs 1-2 tough hard workers like Morrin senior, in their 17. All attitude. Yeh agree re TPJ, what a waste of talent, due to not having the right mental attitude.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not small forwards.
hardworking, big hearted, tough forwards.
I’d argue that many coaches are attracted to this type of player and it isn’t a trait of Folkes at all.
Folkes likes big packs. Also evidenced by players not necessarily stars such as Jarrod Hickey and Troy stoned.
If anything it’s a bennett trait.