Official Gus on Twitter

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you seriously asking that? Wow. I'm constantly getting attacked here because I criticise the team but the GM of our club can publicly back not only another club to win the Premiership but his former team to win it and it's "wHaT iS hE sUpPoSeD tO sAy".
I got a headache trying to read that last bit.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you seriously asking that? Wow. I'm constantly getting attacked here because I criticise the team but the GM of our club can publicly back not only another club to win the Premiership but his former team to win it and it's "wHaT iS hE sUpPoSeD tO sAy".
Stop being so precious. I wasn't attacking you, just trying to point out that what he said was in my opinion quite normal. Ask any other club official the same question and 90% will say the same thing. Especially officials from clubs like ours who are no chance of making the gf.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs. That's why I'm critical of our GM publicly backing a rival to win the comp before a ball is even kicked.
I agree stupid comment to come from your GM and I actually like Gus. Could of just said the old cliche “Those Panther look to be hard to beat again but we have recruited well, we will train hard and have the belief that we can complete” or just not answer the question at all.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 blokes who won't be at the club Rd 1 2024 are Topine, Mariner and Burns, it's no scoop but reality

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One is delusional, the other is Gus!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he wrong though? Is there ant other team you think will beat them at this very point in time? It sure as fuck won't be us or the tigers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree stupid comment to come from your GM and I actually like Gus. Could of just said the old cliche “Those Panther look to be hard to beat again but we have recruited well, we will train hard and have the belief that we can complete” or just not answer the question at all.
Honestly I can't believe how something like this doesn't irritate them yet they'll cry if I criticise a team that almost ran last lol. As you said Gus didn't have to answer or could've just thrown out a cliche but instead he just can't help himself but praise his former club whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly I can't believe how something like this doesn't irritate them yet they'll cry if I criticise a team that almost ran last lol. As you said Gus didn't have to answer or could've just thrown out a cliche but instead he just can't help himself but praise his former club whenever the opportunity presents itself.
66-0 was fine but questioning ciraldos bench rotation isnt on this forum

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Having your GM publicly back another club to win the comp before a ball is even kicked is bat shit crazy.
I think if we were a team that could realistically do anything except come bottom 4 (at least a contender) Gus wouldn't of said it. I think it's pretty harmless considering how shit we're.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah he's just being realistic!
Its like picking your favourite teams in a tipping comp= stupid!
He could have avoided it by jokingly saying something like this
‘Bulldoggs of course! If not, then 4peat’.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think you're easily irritated.