Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most of this is bullshit, small fire lit by infamous journalist. To their delight, it had turned into a bushfire.

* Players in all clubs get upset, primarily over not selection.
* None of the players mentioned have discussed publicly. ( only the words from journos)
* I do like Topine, even if he is the person identified. The article did not say that he was a lazy trainer, or generally had a bad attitude, however he was late that day. From Gould's words, the person completed the punishment without complaint & also completed remainder of the training that week. No one know what happen the week later when he requested leave. It does not add up that it would be for one disciplinary session.
* Both Pay & Bennett have said that they were going to address the Dogs DNA. It seems to be common catch phrase whenever a new coach arrives.
* I find it hard to imagine that the team had a bad attitude, a bad culture for the entire preseason & year across the majority of players. Only on round 26 it was discover & apparently not managed previously. This would have been CC & Gould first task from day one.
* bottom line when teams are doing well there is no culture problem. Hayne was a bad trainer, but there was no hint of culture problem while they were winner.
* a season like the Dogs have had is due to combination of reasons, from injuries, culture, team selection, individual players performance, coaching staff & management.
* with this Firestorm, we are now talking less about why the year was ineffective & how to change this for next year & beyond. This whole culture has been a deflection from other hard questions. Yes there may need to be a greater emphasis on culture, but that is only one the reasons for such a bad year
Good summation of the whole of team performances...which include EVERYONE paid to put the team on and off the field but some are amused by it all lol

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bupa can't say that much to the creep bc Murdoch Newscorpse controls the league media essentially. Signing his own shut out notice if he gives Fox/Newscorpse too much grief. They don't like it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bupa can't say that much to the creep bc Murdoch Newscorpse controls the league media essentially. Signing his own shut out notice if he gives Fox/Newscorpse too much grief. They don't like it.
If it gets viewers they can say what they want - Rothfield is as dispensible as anyone.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bupa can and will say whatever he wants. Buzz leads the vendetta against the Bulldogs/Gus. Rupert is couldn’t care less about the NRL and the pocket change deal they have through fox. Ex players and journos are not normally on at the same time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it gets viewers they can say what they want - Rothfield is as dispensible as anyone.
I've no doubt Bupa will make clear what he thinks but don't be expecting a take down like he did of Davey.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bupa can and will say whatever he wants. Buzz leads the vendetta against the Bulldogs/Gus. Rupert is couldn’t care less about the NRL and the pocket change deal they have through fox. Ex players and journos are not normally on at the same time.
We'll see.

James will make his points but won't be getting offside with Fox and Newscorpse if it comes to it. If they believe Buzz can be even further humiliated, it'll be great :grinning:

Be interesting to see if he goes all guns blazing at Drunkfield. I doubt it but would love to see it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll see.

James will make his points but won't be getting offside with Fox and Newscorpse if it comes to it. If they believe Buzz can be even further humiliated, it'll be great :grinning:

Be interesting to see if he goes all guns blazing at Drunkfield. I doubt it but would love to see it.
Maybe James will bump into buzz alone in the dunnies and accidentally kidney punch him.
Not that I would ever condone violence.