Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Doing this type of thing is what keeps us in good cap shape. Is sad to see Avo go though. Solid player.
It's just so hard to tally up this "good cap shape" theory when comparing our points for/against, roster recruitment and game results, to every team above us on the ladder.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
You're a dickhead.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
Why the hell did he block you for that, the nerve of some people.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
priorities in other areas???? we keep signing fucking centres what meds is gus on??

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get that you have a problem with the signing, but if you're going to ask like that, what would you expect?
Didn’t swear at him, didn’t call him any names, all I did was ask why signing a drug cheat was such a priority that the club got it done months before he is even legally allowed to train or be involved with the club, and let actual talent walk as a result.

I think it’s a fair enough question, we go the the AGMs every year and all the talk is about developing and promoting juniors, and how we want to have one new junior make the first grade team each year, blah blah blah. Then the first priority is signing a convicted drug cheat and letting a junior walk as a result. If he doesn’t want people to ask questions about it, maybe don’t talk the bullshit in the first place

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Phil Gould is so overrated. On a positive when he eventually leaves Canterbury, the club will only get better.
The Roosters did, Penrith did. Both clubs were relived to see the back of Bee Sting head.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn’t swear at him, didn’t call him any names, all I did was ask why signing a drug cheat was such a priority that the club got it done months before he is even legally allowed to train or be involved with the club, and let actual talent walk as a result.

I think it’s a fair enough question, we go the the AGMs every year and all the talk is about developing and promoting juniors, and how we want to have one new junior make the first grade team each year, blah blah blah. Then the first priority is signing a convicted drug cheat and letting a junior walk as a result. If he doesn’t want people to ask questions about it, maybe don’t talk the bullshit in the first place
I get it. you're not alone, others feel the same way.
But drawing a direct line from signing Xerri to losing Avo is being disingenuous to make a point, as they're not related and asking the way you did is just... rude.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get it. you're not alone, others feel the same way.
But drawing a direct line from signing Xerri to losing Avo is being disingenuous to make a point, as they're not related and asking the way you did is just... rude.
How are they not related? They play the same position and one was signed 11 months before he’s legally allowed to set foot in the club as a priority, one was not seen as a priority and hasn’t been resigned. You can’t tell me that having Xerri on the books already didn’t impact the choice to let avo walk

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How are they not related? They play the same position and one was signed 11 months before he’s legally allowed to set foot in the club as a priority, one was not seen as a priority and hasn’t been resigned. You can’t tell me that having Xerri on the books already didn’t impact the choice to let avo walk
Because we still have plenty of cap space. If we wanted to, we could've kept both.
The simple fact is we weren't willing to pay what it was going to take to keep Avo, so we let him go.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Because we still have plenty of cap space. If we wanted to, we could've kept both.
The simple fact is we weren't willing to pay what it was going to take to keep Avo, so we let him go.
Yeah and part of the reason why is because we have too many centres as it is on the books for next year. My question was why is signing the drug cheat such a priority and retaining avo isn’t. If we sign Xerri after avo walks, then I’m less annoyed (I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club, but at that point who we had is gone and other options need to be looked at).

Like I’m not trying to be a dickhead hear, I’m sincerely just trying to communicate my point, you can’t sign someone in the centre position and then let another centre walk and say those things are unrelated