Official Gus on Twitter

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah and part of the reason why is because we have too many centres as it is on the books for next year. My question was why is signing the drug cheat such a priority and retaining avo isn’t. If we sign Xerri after avo walks, then I’m less annoyed (I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club, but at that point who we had is gone and other options need to be looked at).

Like I’m not trying to be a dickhead hear, I’m sincerely just trying to communicate my point, you can’t sign someone in the centre position and then let another centre walk and say those things are unrelated
When we signed Xerri, Avo wasn't even a Centre.
I see Xerri as a "project buy" he'd be on fuck all money, so, little downside with a huge upside.
I completely understand, why some people are annoyed by this move, tho.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I see Xerri as a "project buy" he'd be on fuck all money, so, little downside with a huge upside.
There's lots of angles/opinions to this and not coaching Avo to be better defensively seemed like it should really have been a priority. Bennett must feel he can improve him.

Obviously not all Bulldog fans will agree with all of Gus' decisions and we have to accept its all unfolding in the way he has planned.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll add for those thinking we’ve lost speed with the Avo exit, Xerri possesses Fox level speed - Fact.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rather have Lodge t
There's lots of angles/opinions to this and not coaching Avo to be better defensively seemed like it should really have been a priority. Bennett must feel he can improve him.

Obviously not all Bulldog fans will agree with all of Gus' decisions and we have to accept its all unfolding in the way he has planned.
Rodger Fabri on SEN the other day regarding Bronson Xerri and speed of players in NRL. scroll down to “Sprinting Coach Roger Fabri“ and Start from 4:10. Very promising.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rodger Fabri on SEN the other day regarding Bronson Xerri and speed of players in NRL. scroll down to “Sprinting Coach Roger Fabri“ and Start from 4:10. Very promising.

I have no problem with recruiting Xerri.
Just think we should become a club who can fully develop their juniors.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree, just pointing out the fact we are losing speed for even more speed.
Yes hopefuly its a good move. Lots of potential to regain his earlier form and that we can be the team to help him do it.

Ps He didnt mention Fox :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
maybe 3 years ago Fox would make that list. But the 4 he mentioned are definitely half a yard quicker
Probably so. We havent seen Fox burn many lately what with his injury and limited opportunities and his combo with Burto put on ice.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
He blocked you because you’re a deadshit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Lol I knew you would find some round about way to lay this on ciraldo :laughing: