Official Gus on Twitter

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to hear a bit about the a league around 5 years ago. Hear absolutely nothing now, has the sport shrunk?
Took the money and sold out to a start up subscription service. They get no airtime and because of that crowd numbers in Sydney Atleast resemble a park footy game.

That should be a warning to the NRL. No matter what you do you cant go for the big bucks if it’s a detriment to the game.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I used to hear a bit about the a league around 5 years ago. Hear absolutely nothing now, has the sport shrunk?
I honestly forgot that the B League existed. Lol big bad threat. Feel like Wanderers came in, fans caused trouble and the sport died.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The fans carry the A-League. I agree the competition skill wise is awful but games like the Sydney Derby and other Derby’s are good to watch. A-League gets a worse rap for what it is.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. I'm a casual Liverpool/soccer fan but I couldn't give 2 shits about the A-league. I'm not going to waste my time watching B-grade football when I can watch the EPL instead. Couldn't name 1 A-League player even if you offered me a million dollars
Cucking for teams that you have no connection to and will never go to a game is cringe

support local comps

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the money and sold out to a start up subscription service. They get no airtime and because of that crowd numbers in Sydney Atleast resemble a park footy game.

That should be a warning to the NRL. No matter what you do you cant go for the big bucks if it’s a detriment to the game.
Yep!
Rugby did the same & it is now a shambles financially!!

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cucking for teams that you have no connection to and will never go to a game is cringe

support local comps
Bit of a cop out mate.. plenty people support NBA / NFL teams so does this same principle apply?? EPL is entertaining. Best football to watch in the world in my opinion. So if you like the sport, why wouldn't you watch and support the best. I don't support a NBL team or local American football club..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gus is the dumbass, A-League fans did fuckall wrong lol. Just want to shit on the sport that might be thriving again.
When I lived in Newcastle in block of units across from the stadium. It was very surprising to observe the behaviour of Jets and Knights fans after a game when walking back across sporting fields to their cars.

Without question Jets fan were always louder / rowdy and they would always litter their cans and bottles everywhere.

Didn't really bother me at all, but was just surprising consider league is tagged as the bogan sport lol.