Official Gus on Twitter

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He shouldn't say that because it is illegal under the cap. The Raiders attempted to do this to retain a player several years ago & were told it was illegal.
It depends on how it’s structured, for example 1000 people buy 1 share each @ $1k each in a shelf company that then has a TPA with the player. I have done exactly this with another sport, obviously lower $’s involved (20 @ $5k each).

Of course the club would have have also have to have a contract that complies for the Cap. Say $500k on the Cap and $500k TPA.

Always a Bulldog

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news he is staying! Hopefully had a great run...... surely a new coach had input in that though ????

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It depends on how it’s structured, for example 1000 people buy 1 share each @ $1k each in a shelf company that then has a TPA with the player. I have done exactly this with another sport, obviously lower $’s involved (20 @ $5k each).

Of course the club would have have also have to have a contract that complies for the Cap. Say $500k on the Cap and $500k TPA.

Always a Bulldog
And it depends on if he is released early.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Gus didn't do his rce on Gorgeous Gus who ran only 4th today as favourite..

Only 1 piece of news I see elsewhere...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I guarantee you that if a club did that in the NRL, it would be knocked back. They apparently check the companies out to a small degree to ensure they meet NRL standards.