Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone ask wtf is going on with the tigers (sheens) clearly stating he’s talking to our contracted player in cotric ….

Find his post about not happening . Was a month ago and things change but yeh worth asking.

Only logic I’m making is it something with kikau or mahoney. Why else aren’t they announced. The fucking cooling off shit is gone.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone ask wtf is going on with the tigers (sheens) clearly stating he’s talking to our contracted player in cotric ….

Find his post about not happening . Was a month ago and things change but yeh worth asking.

Only logic I’m making is it something with kikau or mahoney. Why else aren’t they announced. The fucking cooling off shit is gone.
Good point... Even if our side said it was ok for them to talk to Cotric, are we ok with that becoming public knowledge?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'm sure the club is fine with it, they want to move him on with as little freight as possible and tigers have the cap space to be able to throw in more than canberra. it looks like cotric is all but gone though unfortunately. i understand we need the money for 2023, but if we're cap compliant in 2022 then why cant we keep him and then release him the following year? i think you're right, it must have something to do with an early release for one of those two. i'd say mahoney

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree on any lack of fitness, there is always going to be fatigue;
  • When you have to defend for substantially more than half of the game.
  • When you have no strike players to get out of your own red zone.
  • When the refs allow the opposition to ridiculously encroach on the 10 metres, so it's almost impossible to get out of you own 10 metres.
  • When you are struggling hard, working hard and still failing to score points.
  • When you have substantially less than 50% of the possession.
  • When the refs cane the shit out of you and the penalty count is 10 to 1 and you don't get set restart until the 70th minute.
  • Especially when most of the above happens week after week and game after game.
How did we look fitness wise in the last game of the season, when we should have been totally spent mentally and physically? The players walked of the field looking like it was Captains run, they could have played another 80 minutes.

Always a Bulldog
My big hope with having Gould on board is that he's able to shame the NRL out of screwing us badly with biased calls this year. Very difficult for a squad that's lacking some talent to even get wins from hard work when the refs farked us over big time. With some real talent this year and hopefully a fair crack from the refs it'll hopefully be a good year for us fans to watch.

If I recall the article I read, it sounded like the Tigpies asked Gould rather than spoke to Cotrich not going to search for it to confirm if that's true. So perhaps this ongoing media speculation is causing clubs to look for fire where the media is causing the smoke. Might be that we're locked in with Cotrich and others are just making hopeful enquiries.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm surprised people haven't bombarded Gus with questions about Cotric.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair billy is a dickhead asking over and over but it’s a valid point. Odd we see kikau photo, Mahoney leaked a week ago. Still nothing for members?

Again makes me believe cotric going and 1 coming early.