Official Gus on Twitter

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone should ask him why the fuck Topine has been 18th man if he's never going to get a run
They have him in all the promo stuff and even mid week pressers then never pic him, Waddell is shit at best and makes things harder when he comes on almost like having a player in the bin, JR selection makes no sense at all except from a marketing warm fuzzy point of view .. JT will have a field day

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also why the fuck is waddell who isn’t going to be here next year ahead of topine who just re signed
Thai by no means a fact yo.
Last time I looked into it dogs were entertaining it. But, this was before Preston glew up, and that tigers brother was signed so I doubt he’s In the box seat but a strong second half of the season who knows yo.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone should ask him why the fuck Topine has been 18th man if he's never going to get a run
As Gould said, ”Morrin in the next man up” which I take to mean he has earned it by his training and attitude.
Topine is not the next man up because he hasn’t earned it by his training and attitude.

Always a Bulldog

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Gould said, ”Morrin in the next man up” which I take to mean he has earned it by his training and attitude.
Topine is not the next man up because he hasn’t earned it by his training and attitude.

Always a Bulldog
So basically it's about earning and not winning games... Glad we have the priorities set

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So basically it's about earning and not winning games... Glad we have the priorities set
Mate have to agree with you, back in the early 00s when we almost won the National school championship for rugby league and almost beat Fairfield sports, are coach his philosophy was simple, talent first attitude later. Me and my mate were suspended for 7 days and we still got picked, if your trying to pick model citizens then don’t expect to get anywhere in rugby league, league is a thugs game, if you are expecting thugs to act in a civilised manner go coach golf or tennis.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate have to agree with you, back in the early 00s when we almost won the National school championship for rugby league and almost beat Fairfield sports, are coach is philosophy was simple, talent first attitude later. Me and my mate was suspended for 7 days and we still got picked, if your trying to pick model citizens then don’t expect to get anywhere in rugby league, league if a thugs game, if you are expecting thugs to act in a civilised manner go coach golf or tennis.
Had to chime in when I heard the word ‘thug’ because that’s me 100% no matter what time of the day that’s like the Batman signal light to me.

I think there is a balance. Some players will tear the culture down.
Some things are bile like that warriors player that kicked his side girls stomach in to kill the baby ten years back. That’s not good when it gets in the papers.
But just generally gangsta behaviour who cares.

But a team of lesser talented but great attitude players can do some things. They learn quicker. They are stable and they are well drilled.
Every successful team has an Aussie guy that is no frills but did the basics right.
We had Josh Jackson, Steve Proce in the past, Roosters had Boyd Cordner and Auburnson, Gary Larsen for norths, Edwards Penrith. Hindmarsh eels etc

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had to chime in when I heard the word ‘thug’ because that’s me 100% no matter what time of the day that’s like the Batman signal light to me.

I think there is a balance. Some players will tear the culture down.
Some things are bile like that warriors player that kicked his side girls stomach in to kill the baby ten years back. That’s not good when it gets in the papers.
But just generally gangsta behaviour who cares.

But a team of lesser talented but great attitude players can do some things. They learn quicker. They are stable and they are well drilled.
Every successful team has an Aussie guy that is no frills but did the basics right.
We had Josh Jackson, Steve Proce in the past, Roosters had Boyd Cordner and Auburnson, Gary Larsen for norths, Edwards Penrith. Hindmarsh eels etc
Fuck off idiot

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IF the 17th man makes the field. 3 out of 4 games we only used 16 men.
It’s been 2 games playing 16 players.
Okunbor 1 and tanner another. Pretty weird considering how gassed we looked at the end of the game

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate have to agree with you, back in the early 00s when we almost won the National school championship for rugby league and almost beat Fairfield sports, are coach his philosophy was simple, talent first attitude later. Me and my mate were suspended for 7 days and we still got picked, if your trying to pick model citizens then don’t expect to get anywhere in rugby league, league is a thugs game, if you are expecting thugs to act in a civilised manner go coach golf or tennis.
Bit of truth to this.
The warm fuzzy's we get from the promo vids makes me proud. We need the boys united when they take the field.
The only problem with it is there is no mongrel in anything we do.
You cant have it both ways.
We havent defended with grit and power for years. We never put the hurt on anyone.
Its rugby league, you need a bit of mongreal in your team.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine still on the extended bench, chance for a late change yet............................... but most likely not!!!
Can't knock Morrin's on field attitude or application though, he won't die wondering.
Dare I say it, he has that true "Die For The Cause" Bulldog DNA - He Aint Scared.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically you’re all about promoting people who haven’t earned it, good to know.

Always a Bulldog
Build a culture by winning games and players will do what is asked or expected of them, the warm and fuzzies is a side gig... This is why Melbournes of this world are able to dominate no matter which player you chuck in...

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a balance of the two.
An established club well entrenched in the top 8 needs to set standards.

A developing team (like us) needs to focus on winning and developing a winning culture first before trying to set standards.

I agree that for us right now, selections should be about what's best for the team and not the marketing brochure or PR

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Build a culture by winning games and players will do what is asked or expected of them, the warm and fuzzies is a side gig... This is why Melbournes of this world are able to dominate no matter which player you chuck in...
Are you telling me if you’re a shit trainer with a bad attitude - Bellamy will put you in the 17 every week regardless?

Sure bud.