Official Gus on Twitter

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Dom Young toured our facilities,but no offer was made?
Maybe he didn’t enjoy the ‘Steve Turner Tour’

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Or maybe he didn’t actually tour and it was bs? Or like others said Gus had a chat him over and hasn’t talked turkey yet and if he’s got wind he’s likely going to dolphins avoided bidding war

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No "pending" offers. An offer being a contract offer (a legal document) being considered.
There may still be a number of 'ongoing discussions' behind the scenes. Or even a signing that is being kept under wraps.
Either way, the most important part of his tweet is letting the dust 'settle' before season kick-off.
Let's trot.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I swear when Gus goes to confession the priest has a mental breakdown :grinning: Here is something else I heard Buzz has been band from going to church.... he has been caught one too many times helping himself to the Sacramental wine :grinning: Amen.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is it true? You and others have said he has an offer from both Dogs & Panthers? The mediA are stating ‘as good as done’ so how on earth is it true?
I have never quoted he has offers from us or panthers

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know where Gus lives? Not because I wanna stalk him, just curious where there was flooding yesterday/today.
Most people who live on the low side of a street during torrential rain experience some flooding, If you like cryptic clues then enjoy hopping sharp.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When I read Gould's responses to questions on player signings or potential signings I always refer back to his mantra which is players have to want to come to the Bulldogs. We don't chase them, they come to us first, then we talk.

Always a Bulldog

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or maybe he didn’t actually tour and it was bs? Or like others said Gus had a chat him over and hasn’t talked turkey yet and if he’s got wind he’s likely going to dolphins avoided bidding war
Even if he did take the tour it doesn’t necessarily mean Gus will make him an offer. I reckon he would pretty astute on knowing whether the player was keen to join or is just trying to bump up his price.

I remember Gus saying something in regards to a player being linked to us like “We had a chat to him to see if he was interested in becoming a bulldog”. He doesn’t make pie in the sky offers like the tigers do only for them to get knocked back.

That’s probably we he didn’t follow through on Moses. Has there been a player that has officially knocked us back since Gus took over ?

And by official I don’t mean media making shit up

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I read Gould's responses to questions on player signings or potential signings I always refer back to his mantra which is players have to want to come to the Bulldogs. We don't chase them, they come to us first, then we talk.

Always a Bulldog
Sorry I didn’t see this before I posted. 100% agree

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
And just because they want to play for us, and tour our facilities, doesn't mean we are interested (ala Young)
Good position to be in

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're not top dogs again yet but we know we belong there again (thank fuck, it's been a while). I don't care if we're transparent or vague or telling white lies, just get it done. It's working well so far.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus: "No we have no pending offers"
Other clubs: "Ah ha all these targets the Bulldogs are after, we don't need to boost our offers to".
*moments later*
Gus: "GOTCHA! Thanks for not bumping up the contract for Player Xyz"