Official Gus on Twitter

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Gould
@PhilGould15
·
6m
Have a great Sunday folks. I’m going to have a relaxing day before a big week of work. Might even have a bit of news this week. See how things develop over the next few days. 100% Footy
@NRLonNine
tomorrow night. Enjoy Grand Final week. Bye for now.
Anything on the news he was talking about? May be about the summer comp for lower grades.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could of been a good chess move from us make panthers pay extra for spencer now they need to let him go we get them to cover $100k
Expect the unexpected :grinning:
Our position now...we will not waste cap money or space on an ordinary player !

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could maybe just not be bulldogs news. Gus is very cringe and a smart ass to twitter comments as he finds it hilarious to himself. I hope its a flop gettting released and not to buy some others flop 7s like fogarty/taylor/harris tavita.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck me that's a fair bit of harassment lol and lots of no's in reply.
Doesn't sound like it will be anyone exciting regrdless... minimal spare money i guess....

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He said No No No No No to everything and everyone mentioned
But he said a forward and a back...What if they are not signings ?
I hope I am wrong, it could sadly be the medical retirement of RFM and Katoa ?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the end of the week will be Nov 1. Could be 1 or both of the signings are for 2023?

Correction, that won't be the case. I forgot about October.

Last edited:

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he confirmed 2 more players but also said no to Benji because the roster is full....wtf?!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he confirmed 2 more players but also said no to Benji because the roster is full....wtf?!
Yeah the roster is full with those 2 players.

the NRL guidelines state that you are allowed 30 players in the NRL squad.

currently we have 29 players. If Katoa retires due to his medical diagnosis, that will reduce the total player amount to 28 (remembering we are allowed 30, and 28 is 2 less than 30).

now, Gus has said we have signed 2 players (1 player + 1 player). Currently we have 29 playera, so if you add 2 to 29, the result will be 31, which is 1 more than 30. Which doesn’t make sense right as we are only allowed 30 players? So, with that being said, we can make an assumption that Katoa may be retiring due to his recent medical diagnosis. With this retirement, he will forfeit his top 30 position. This reduction in the top 30 by 1 allows these 2 signings that Gould is talking about to enter and complete the top 30.

as we now have a complete list (30 players), we are unable to add benji into the list as that would create a list total of 31 which exceeds the NRL rules.

if you would like further clarification please let me know