Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course it’s not the cheese. It’s fucking nauseating how many posts get made about him. He has made it abundantly clear he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne. And as you said he can’t even negotiate for another 6 weeks.
untrue he has made that abundantly clear imo he is torn about what to do and pretty much said so, he may be leaning to staying now after the way his season ended but wtf knows no-one but him..ultimately money talks so we shall see though not saying he comes to us it's 70/30 he leaves at a guess.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only care about refuting Buzzard's, and his ilks, lies and rubbish about our club.

Where Gus has to keep club business in house or fib a bit, bc of confidentiality constraints, I have no problem with and understand.

No other club has such a direct contact with what's going on and when its all said and done, there's been extremely few "lies" on Gus' part.

Examples please if you disagree :grinning:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. So a lie is different if it helps us, but if it doesn't it's lying. OKAY

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. So a lie is different if it helps us, but if it doesn't it's lying. OKAY
Things change, what is the truth today may well not be the truth tomorrow. My experience with Gus is he deliberately answers the specific question asked and only that. If the questioner gives him an out he will absolutely exploit it. If he doesn’t want to or can’t answer due to, say an NDA, he will obfuscate. Many NDA‘s have clauses that prevent disclosing that there is even an NDA.

Always a Bulldog

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a bit cringe worthy how many dogs fan msg Gus on Twitter. Just enjoy the ride folks. We will find out eventually. Between Nasheeds good oil and the rest with the goss.

How annoying would it be getting msged every day asking has jizza Nguyen been re-signed or if he is in the top 30. If Gus is doing his job right the stuff he knows shouldn’t be revealed to fans On Twitter. So just let him be. We look so thirsty :p

The year in review I think Gus along with burton have been our best acquisitions in the last 11 year. Hopefully with a couple season to get us primed we keep our streak alive and win the 2024 premiership:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: the numbers don’t lie :p I hope.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus will reply to the twitter enquiries put to him as he sees fit. Up to him how he answers. Whether he does or how much he feels he can appropriately reveal, it's up to him.

It's up to us how we receive it and appreciate it, or not.

Times have changed. OS sporting teams do way more than in Australia as regards fan engagement. I for one love it when Gus blows these rumours and bs about the Bulldogs outa the water.

Naive to think that he will be 100% open about what's going on when someone asks a curly question. We don't seriously expect him to swear on a Bible that what he can say is all 100% ridgey didge.

If the club don't want him to talk to fans, they'll let him know I guess, if they object or have a problem with it.

Soon the novelty of having him answer questions about recruitment for 2022 will die down as our roster is settled.

Rather hear from him, than anyone else :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is the Munster rumour legit? Is he a genuine option?
The way I see it, it’s a genius strategy.. the Dogs have been trying to snare B Smith, they know he’s playing games and Melbourne are trying to keep him, they also know Melbourne can’t keep them all…. So, they’re playing games in return - By offering Munster a big money deal, that puts huge pressure on B Smith and Melbourne… the Dogs could very well end up with Munster out of it, but it’s money in a spine player so it’s well spent in our eyes. In other words, we are hedging our bets. Hopefully land one of them.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way I see it, it’s a genius strategy.. the Dogs have been trying to snare B Smith, they know he’s playing games and Melbourne are trying to keep him, they also know Melbourne can’t keep them all…. So, they’re playing games in return - By offering Munster a big money deal, that puts huge pressure on B Smith and Melbourne… the Dogs could very well end up with Munster out of it, but it’s money in a spine player so it’s well spent in our eyes. In other words, we are hedging our bets. Hopefully land one of them.
Mate Munster isn’t coming it was a fake rumour from a meme account

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still think it's a half-back. You can't have a GF player in Burton going from hero to zero. He needs a qualified No 7.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet Gus has lied in tweets. Though it was about a few signings. People asked about them & he said not signing them & weeks later they were announced.
Were they outright lies or more deflections that were technically correct at the time of tweeting?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why does Gus write Panther, Bulldog, Eel, etc?