Official Gus on Twitter

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I am not sure that any of the ex players were happy with the Hasler appointment. He was as far from a Bulldog as you could get... he bleeds maroon and white and his heart was never in the job, that was very obvious.
True. But unlike Gus, Hasler was never labelled as a Bulldog with Bulldog DNA.

I think the fear is that Gus only gives a shit about Gus, and for the sake of our football club I hope this is not entirely true.

I really hope that Gus has pride in his work above all else and wants to leave a legacy with that.
Like the pride he has with what he did in setting up all the pathways and systems at Penrith.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only way you can copy Panthers pathways is by pilfering as many of them as possible. You can have the best academy in the world but without the right cattle it's as useless as tits on a bull.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way you can copy Panthers pathways is by pilfering as many of them as possible. You can have the best academy in the world but without the right cattle it's as useless as tits on a bull.
I reckon it's also based on a numbers game.

The more junior nurseries you have aligned to the club, the bigger the pool of kids to choose from.

If those junior nurseries are better set ups, then the better quality of talent coming through.

There are other junior nurseries outside the Penrith catchment area.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

(Don't ask me which ex player I spoke to because I will not give them up.)
Was it Ben Czislowski?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joe, I am not sure that any of the ex players were happy with the Hasler appointment. He was as far from a Bulldog as you could get... he bleeds maroon and white and his heart was never in the job, that was very obvious.
I disagree with the fact Haslers heart was never in the job. He made 2 GF . Yes he fucked the cap but he rolled the dice and backloaded contracts trying to grab a comp in the window. Had he won 1 we all wouldn't care about him fucking the cap.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Bit harsh saying his heart was never in it thou.The club fucked up letting him have total control.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has a one pack, no six pack like Baz

You'll have to get used to dad bods from now on
You do realise that people obsessed with homophobia are usually homosexual (but stuck in Marleys closet).. You spend an awfully large amount of time trying to share your perception of other peoples sexuality..

I have a one pack, is that a problem..?

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan will be the coach next year , He's the only one that makes sense. The whole Fittler scenario is just a distraction orchestrated by yours truly the godfather gus.

He is a proven experienced coach thats won a gf and coaches a similar style that the dogs love to play. Im sure the dogs board have told flanagan to stay silent after his last interview and give nothing away.

Notice how Fox commentators are no longer pushing Flanagan for any of the coaching jobs now

He's the only coach that makes sense

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You do realise that people obsessed with homophobia are usually homosexual (but stuck in Marleys closet).. You spend an awfully large amount of time trying to share your perception of other peoples sexuality..

Im bi, probably

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

How am I being homophobic? We're talking about six packs and one packs.

Plus I am what I am, so be it

It's up to you if you see your one pack as a problem but I assumed that's why you were so obsessed with bazs six pack

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How am I being homophobic? We're talking about six packs and one packs.

Plus I am what I am, so be it

It's up to you if you see your one pack as a problem but I assumed that's why you were so obsessed with bazs six pack
The only thing about Baz I was obsessed about was him and his six pack (that you and Marley loved so much) getting the fuck out of Belmore.

As for the gayness, good for you. I am not judging, and it’s only gay if you close your eyes when kissing. Or at least that’s what Marley said about kissing you.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The only thing about Baz I was obsessed about was him and his six pack (that you and Marley loved so much) getting the fuck out of Belmore.

As for the gayness, good for you. I am not judging, and it’s only gay if you close your eyes when kissing. Or at least that’s what Marley said about kissing you.
I would never do it with UNITED SCUM

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

De-Nial is a river in Egypt

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

(Don't ask me which ex player I spoke to because I will not give them up.)
Give Gus a break he was busy doing and add for Billy The Kid on Stan.:grinning: