Opinion Gus on Des

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps Origin. Freddy has had ample opportunity to get better results and failed. Time for him to go.
Certainly a lot of positives there. But I wonder if his technical style of coaching with technology, is really suited to an origin side.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Certainly a lot of positives there. But I wonder if his technical style of coaching with technology, is really suited to an origin side.
Yeah Im really not sure.
Freddy has a habit of fielding out of form players and also plays players out of position.
Im no coach but that just makes zero sense to me at origin level. Theres very little room for error.
Not saying Des is the man but Filtler has been out coached in SOO a couple of times when he had the better team on papper. 2 years in a row now by a rookie coach is embarrassing for the State of NSW. He needs to go.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus rates Des very highly.

He is the best coach available and when Bellamy retires there is no one to stop him from winning the comp again.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His son makes him not the man. If we signed Flange Snr, Jnr would be here on a lifetime contract.
This is so not true.
I don’t know why people assume this.
Look at Arthur and Arthur. Arthur had to leave because it was too hard to deal with the family connection.
Shane isn’t that dumb and nor is the club.
If Flanagan goes to St George it would only be because they could pick him up cheaply be usss of family connection but you can bet that If he gets offers elsewhere he will take it.
Even if he wants him the club would likely step in as a conflict of interest

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has too much to say on other matters.

He should just concentrate on the Bulldogs.

#shutthefuckupgus.
I think you need to realise Gus is one of the smartest footy and footy media minds. He knows exactly when to shoot straight and when to sprinkle some magic dust over his shoulder to divert attention elsewhere…

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason Gus & Hasler would never work IMO

When it comes to Gus
- It's Gus's way or the highway

When it comes to Des
- It's Des's way or the highway

The pair are both egotistical controlling maniacs..... it will never work.
What has happened to the Stringer guy is he back at the Roosters

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nostalgia merchant typa post. What the hell is ‘Hustler’

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you need to realise Gus is one of the smartest footy and footy media minds. He knows exactly when to shoot straight and when to sprinkle some magic dust over his shoulder to divert attention elsewhere…
Don't worry too much about the opinion of Gronks supporters bruh :laughing:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so not true.
I don’t know why people assume this.
Look at Arthur and Arthur. Arthur had to leave because it was too hard to deal with the family connection.
Shane isn’t that dumb and nor is the club.
If Flanagan goes to St George it would only be because they could pick him up cheaply be usss of family connection but you can bet that If he gets offers elsewhere he will take it.
Even if he wants him the club would likely step in as a conflict of interest
Comparing the Flanagan’s to the Arthur’s is ridiculous.

Flanagan Snr has been pushing his son with anyone that will listen his whole career. He is the ultimate parent that is blinded by believing his boy is the greatest thing ever.

Arthur Snr couldn’t be more the opposite. I believe he has actually hindered Jake’s progress through not wanting to show nepotism. Jake getting away is better for both parties.

Flanagan Jnr will 100% be at the red v if Snr gets his way. If Kyle was smart he would go to Super League and get as far away from his dad as possible.

That being said Flanagan Snr is the best move the Dragons have made in years. Aside from him sticking his head into everything Kyle related. He is a great option to rebuild the Dragons.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Was surprised he wasn't in the convo for the dragons, guess this was why. Holbrook was a dead man after that doplphins game.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus knows everything and everyone around the league circles...he is The Riddler!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus knows everything and everyone around the league circles...he is The Riddler!
He sure does… or he thinks he does… yet can’t get an $11m professional NRL footy team to actually string together an 80min performance for the much starved fans

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He sure does… or he thinks he does… yet can’t get an $11m professional NRL footy team to actually string together an 80min performance for the much starved fans
Well he can if he was the coach. Exhibit A: vs the Roosters last year when he took over for the week from Trent Barrett and showed him how it was done.