Opinion Gus on Des

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will be the perfect NSW coach. He's someone who could get a team up to win regardless of the talent. Still remember how we went down to Melbourne and ambushed the Storm in 2014.
He’s prob next blues coach after QLD wrap up the series on Wednesday

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“He knows how to win”
“The game can’t afford to not have coaches like him in the game”

If the Ciraldo experiment fails I will have no issue with beating the drum to get Hasler back. A Gus & Des combo would work for obvious reasons.

Lol one of the main reasons we are in this shit fight is because of Des. We still haven’t recovered. Same can be said of the shit show he left Manly in when he left the first time. I couldn’t believe they took him back.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The team had 10 wins the season Des got sacked.
Des' coaching technique never really recovered when the obstruction rule changed.
But by 2017 the spine didn't have the players to compete with the best teams.
However, Des' canterbury teams could tackle at least

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His son makes him not the man. If we signed Flange Snr, Jnr would be here on a lifetime contract.
Good stuff, and that would he highly possible! But one would hope it’s not as he was the man for the job.. we did miss.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol one of the main reasons we are in this shit fight is because of Des. We still haven’t recovered. Same can be said of the shit show he left Manly in when he left the first time. I couldn’t believe they took him back.
This false narrative has been debunked over and over again.

How come Manly are not a complete shambles like us despite having two stints with Des? If Des was so destructive shouldn't Manly be competing for spoons every season like us?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan was the man
I think you give Flanagan too much credit.

1. The game has changed a lot in the last 5 years and he hasn’t coached as a head coach
2. He hasn’t proven that he’s a winner without cheating / beefing his players with peptides
3. He wasn’t even the struggling dragons first choice, and I’m sure he had a few other opportunities where he was turned down

Let’s see what he can do with the mess of Dragons before singing his praises

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How come Manly are not a complete shambles like us despite having two stints with Des? If Des was so destructive shouldn't Manly be competing for spoons every season like us?
The BIG difference is/was that Des was Manly through and through, Baa said that he didn't have the dogs DNA, Turvey resigned because the Board reappointed him near the end.
I believe that he only came for the big money he was offered, and both he and Cleal hated our club with a passion.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Haha Gus and Des is definitely not a match made in heaven

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manly were a basket case for years after Des came to the Dogs. With exactly the same problems. Backloaded deals.

Des came with the attitude of having success quickly and getting out. He signed and stacked players cheaply at the front end with massive overs on the back end of there deals. He ditched the whole junior programs. Totally killing our pathways.

How has this been debunked in anyway. It’s fact. He got handed full control of our football department and totally screwed it up. His total disregard to for the salary cap was the catalyst for our issues ever since. Granted our front of house since haven’t been good but if Des didn’t fuck it up royally they wouldn’t have had to.