Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your boss or potential boss said to you "the job is yours and I strongly suggest you start on 1st November 2023", what would you say?

If your boss or potential boss said to you "the job is yours, but the people around you right now are not the right people so I strongly suggest you start on 1st November 2023", what would you say?

If your boss or potential boss said to you "the job is yours, but I need another year to get the right pieces in place so I strongly suggest you start on 1st November 2023", what would you say?

If your boss or potential boss said to you "the job is yours, but I strongly suggest you start on 1st November 2023 and use the 2023 season to win another comp", what would you say?

If your boss or potential boss said to you "the job is yours and I strongly suggest you start on 1st November 2023 because that year is going to be shit and the nuppties will crucify you", what would you say?

Personally, I love a challenge, but when the boss says "don't" and gives you 5 good reasons to believe him, I'd have to think real hard about it.

Always a Bulldog
The upside to this is that Ciraldo now has the hindsight to see what a sh!t outfit looks like and so in the future can identify and rectify problems before they become an issue.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping that we find out who currently under contract for 24 has been able to get a contract elsewhere - unless some go and despite having cap space signings will be minimal.

I dont know how players involved in the "training is too hard" situation would be on any clubs list of players to sign - moving them on seemingly will be as difficult as signing quality players

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey? What’s happened here?
@Malla Nothings happened ..

I just noted that old mate came out and said the below 2 hours after you said it, I thought it was funny that 2 hours ago he was asking you questions about who it was, and then comes out with the below comment [emoji23][emoji23]

Thought he was stealing your scoop.

Image1696209477.523956.jpg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The upside to this is that Ciraldo now has the hindsight to see what a sh!t outfit looks like and so in the future can identify and rectify problems before they become an issue.
Hope so. Then some good learnings have come out of this diabolical season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hoping that we find out who currently under contract for 24 has been able to get a contract elsewhere - unless some go and despite having cap space signings will be minimal.

I dont know how players involved in the "training is too hard" situation would be on any clubs list of players to sign - moving them on seemingly will be as difficult as signing quality players
It's Complicated hey lol.

Not only does Gus have to contend with us supporters wanting to know the new signings for 2024 and 2025, and the new top 30? roster, but also the lazy trainer group who have to be re-housed lol.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's Complicated hey lol.

Not only does Gus have to contend with us supporters wanting to know the new signings for 2024 and 2025, and the new top 30? roster, but also the lazy trainer group who have to be re-housed lol.
I have read so many conflicting reports on who is still contracted for next year - and under what type of contract they are - top 30? Train n Trial? second tier? development? flegg?

Wishful thinking but would like to see the club inform us tragics at some stage of who is in out etc - would be interested in knowing who is trialing etc.

Early in the year Gus wrote that BBO had gone back to QLD and would try again next year - he played second half of this year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have read so many conflicting reports on who is still contracted for next year - and under what type of contract they are - top 30? Train n Trial? second tier? development? flegg?

Wishful thinking but would like to see the club inform us tragics at some stage of who is in out etc - would be interested in knowing who is trialing etc.

Early in the year Gus wrote that BBO had gone back to QLD and would try again next year - he played second half of this year
Exactly. It's all very up in the air and ad hoc really.

Gus needs to get this out there in a professional manner asap as to when he can make the announcements including all these contract types etc.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ezra off contract???

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score